Forum Start - Register
Name Password Forgot your password?

Forum Start > Culture & Lifestyle > The Men's Room > Shaving Razors
Author
Thread
VickanS
Preferred Member

Shaving Razors
Don't know if any of you guys shave with razors, but has anyone tried the Mach 3?

What's the name of the new one that has 5 blades? Has anyone tried that one?
5/2/2006 08:34 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
willie6

Havent tried that one. I use electric razors. But that new one is called the Gillette Fusion. Its the one with 5 blades.

With so many blades you probably wont have room to get knicks and cuts.
5/3/2006 13:11 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
DaBigMotor

Fellas, those expensive razors are unecessary. You don't wanna shave TOO close, otherwise, the usual hairbumps & irritation can occur. (Plus, even if you DID want the closest shave, you can only get SO close!) The standard twin blade with a lube strip from Family Dollar works for me just as well. Plus, the whole purpose of those 32nd century designed razors is to rip you off on the expensive refills. Notice how we all got the razor in the mail free? Want refills? $10 bucks!
5/29/2006 18:29 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
BIG DADDY

Yeah...I tried the Mach 3. I have seen the commercial so many times, but the only reason that I tried it was that I was listening to the Doug Banks Morning Show and he promoed it. What was I think? He promed it not because he used it...but becasue they paid him.
Needless to say I tried it and oh yes...too close. Had to deal with the bumps for about 2 weeks.

I just use my standard clippers that dont go too close, but get the job done.
6/8/2006 08:01 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
skilewis74

I've always struggled with ingrown hairs (IH), and I just finished reading the article "8 Great Shaving Tips For Black Men"null.

I would always want to do some of the things it recomends against, like shaving against the grain, because if I did I'd get a whole bunch of obviously missed individual hairs.

I also used Magic Shave for a while but it would always miss some hairs, but if I shaved daily it wasn't really noticable. After a while I dicided I didn't like puting those harsh chemicals on my face so I grew a very short beard. Later on I tried Magic Shave again, but the stores only had Extra Strength and it gave me a bad rash and even ate away at some of my skin.

Then I used my Whal hair trimmer and the IH whould be tallerable. Recently I started using an electric beard trimmer which would cut closer and the IH would be worse (not as bad as w/ a blade but past the tolleration point).

Relatively I discovered a system that significantly lessoned the IH.
Brush face vigorously w/ a nail brush or boar's hair brush for a couple of minutes. Shave.
Wash face with a facial cleanser scrubing your face vigorously with your fingernails.
Leave it on for 5 - 15 minutes.
Wipe off with a warm, moist towel.
Drye.
Apply a deep pore cleanser (I use an alcohol based one).

If I do this morning and night (shaving only in the morning) the IH are almost non existant. If it has been less than 36 hours since I last shaved it's too uncomfortable to use the boar's hair brush, so I use a nail brush that's a little softer.

I am very interested in trying some of the following products, but I will have to order them online since I never see anything like this in my local stores.http://www.mybrotha.com/shavingsolutions.asp
12/28/2006 09:29 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
willie6

Im still using electric razors and i do still get ingrown hairs. My afternoon shadow gets real stubbly and rough and i dont know if any razors will help that. Still havent tried the new fusion or magic.
12/29/2006 17:45 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
VickanS
Preferred Member

So skilewis74, you use a alcohol based pore cleanser... doesn't that burn?

I've used Magic shave a bunch of times and you're right.... it used to burn you with its extra strength formula if you left it on your face too long. But the bottle now says its a "milder" formula. Seems like it changed once Soft-sheen got together with Carson, and both moved under Loreal USA. I don't like putting those chemicals on my face either, but it works better than blades (for me)

Blades have always sharpen the ends of my hair and made them create ingrown hairs. Talk about itching and bruised skin!
12/29/2006 17:54 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
Forum Start > Culture & Lifestyle > The Men's Room > Shaving Razors

Quick reply
You need to login before you can post.

Mybrotha.COM Home | News | Articles | Relationships | Health | Lifestyle | Entertainment | Business | Jobs & Careers
Quizzes | SpotLight | Message Boards | Sitemap | Links | Terms and Conditions | Privacy Policy
© 2002-2008 Mybrotha.COM   All Rights Reserved