Forum Start - Register
Name Password Forgot your password?

Forum Start > Sports & Athletics > Baseball > Barry Finally Did It
Author
Thread
VickanS
Preferred Member

Barry Finally Did It
Well, Barry Bonds has finally hit his 714 homerun. I can personally say that I'm glad to see he's tied Babe Ruth. He will eventually pass him, which is even more satisfying.

I won't say that I've always liked Barry, and I do believe he's been juicing.... but it's still good to see two brothas pass Ruth, who a lot of people seem to think was baseball's greatest player.

I, for one, never thought that. I always gave the nod to either Willie Mays or Hank Aaron.
5/22/2006 06:29 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
hmurchison
Preferred Member

Man that's a lot of homeruns. The Bond family should be proud.
5/23/2006 10:51 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
Sarina22

Looks like Mr. Bonds is getting closer to breaking the all-time record set by Hank Aaron. Doesn't appear that too many folks are happy about it.

Still a great feat if you ask me.
5/8/2007 09:41 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
ecjr23

Yeah, even though he still won't admit that he is on the juice, that is still a big accomplishment.

If I could have convinced more slaves that they were slaves, I could have freed thousands more. - Harriet Tubman
5/9/2007 02:04 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
vance87

I'll have a problem with Barry when baseball (owners) and the media are called out for their blatant hypocrisy in regards to how this all unraveled. When Canseco wrote his book exposing the wide spread abuse of steroids, he not only implicated players, but the owners too. He was very clear when he said they; meaning the owners knew what was going on. The media along with baseball officials publicly castigated him.

Aa long as certain players i.e. white stars, were allowed to put up big numbers and "help" rejuvenate a dying sport at the time, the media and owners were happy. As soon as Canseco's allegations were proven true baseball along with its paramour the media, started looking for a convenient scapegoat.

Ladies and gentlemen, meet Barry Bonds.
5/9/2007 17:38 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
VickanS
Preferred Member

Even though I do think Barry was on the juice I see your point. It seems like the media and baseball want to concentrate on Barry when Canseco's book revealed that it was bigger than just one man. Its like everyone ignored Canseco's claims and continue to pick on Barry. What about McGwire? What about Ken Caminiti, who admitted using the juice and eventually died from it? What about Palmiero, who quietly left the game and no one seems to want to talk about him anymore? I could imagine the media and baseball doing the same thing to A-Rod or Ken Griffey Jr. if they approach Barry Bonds record... because he will break Hanks.
5/23/2007 08:07 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
noon

brother barry us true black americans are proud of you
8/14/2007 20:45 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
Forum Start > Sports & Athletics > Baseball > Barry Finally Did It

Quick reply
You need to login before you can post.

Mybrotha.COM Home | News | Articles | Relationships | Health | Lifestyle | Entertainment | Business | Jobs & Careers
Quizzes | SpotLight | Message Boards | Sitemap | Links | Terms and Conditions | Privacy Policy
© 2002-2008 Mybrotha.COM   All Rights Reserved