Forum Start - Register
Name Password Forgot your password?

Forum Start > Culture & Lifestyle > The Men's Room > OUR FRAGILE EGOS
Author
Thread
DaBigMotor

OUR FRAGILE EGOS
For any ladies reading...

My pastor put it best once when he said that we men have fragile egos for a REASON....God made us this way so that we would have to DEPEND on you. (Notice how you've NEVER, EVER heard a man say, "I don't need no woman," as many of you have?!)

Women are more self-sufficient. We don't do nearly as well without you than you do without us.

But one aspect of our fragile egos dictates that WE MUST FEEL NEEDED BY YOU, TOO.

So be very CAREFUL with any "I don't need no man" comments & attitudes. They can become self-fulfilling prophecy...
5/29/2006 19:03 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
willie6

Right on, bruh. There are a some articles on this site (i dont remember which ones) where they said men need to be needed and black women dont recognize that. The independent woman article talked about women having that "they dont need a man" theory.

But sistas got egos too. I think thats one reason why women have been programmed to not approach men. Women dont like rejection.
6/1/2006 10:17 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
DaBigMotor

Nah, they're addicted to it. The one's that we get the easiest are the ones that we try to the least...
6/1/2006 21:15 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
BIG DADDY

I was trying to explain this point to my wife!!!
6/8/2006 08:42 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
VickanS
Preferred Member

That women are addicted to rejection? I don't know if I agree with that. I think women hate it.
6/8/2006 09:00 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
Madamoiselle

True indeed, we have egos. We are warm-blooded mammals, as you are, with intense emotions. We do not take likely to rejection. We may be put in the most awkward position to have to pick up our face from the floor just as men do. However, men seem to be pros at recovering from such versus us women who will most likely become emotionally scorn from rejection.
12/27/2008 00:43 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
thedrknghtno1

Madamoiselle wrote:
True indeed, we have egos. We are warm-blooded mammals, as you are, with intense emotions. We do not take likely to rejection. We may be put in the most awkward position to have to pick up our face from the floor just as men do. However, men seem to be pros at recovering from such versus us women who will most likely become emotionally scorn from rejection.

appearances can be deceiving...men are scored from rejection from women just as anyone else...we as men just know that there is better...but we get more selective as we get older and have been through the ups and downs...

Keep in mind that men and women are a lot alike emotionally than perceived...just the culture makes us believe the stereotypes than the truth
1/5/2009 16:43 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
M.V.P

This is where the confusion starts, they say that men have fragile egos and that women are sensitive. This is only a play on words and unless you're looking at these as "gender pacific" terms there is no difference.

Example: A woman asks her boyfriend to sit down with her and watch a TV program about romance, he says that he doesn't want to watch it he has better things to do and so he's being insensitive and she's hurt.

Example two: A man ask his girlfriend to sit and watch his favorite movie with him, she says she doesn't wanna watch that crap, and she can't believe he does and now his egos bruised.

It's the same thing, sensitive, fragile egos call it what you want, the point is ladies if you want your man to be more "sensitive" then start by being mindful of his feelings and he'll return the favor.
4/29/2009 01:32 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
doneit

I've seen every explanation possible and believe it or not, all of you are dead wrong. Ego, pride and self-esteem are one and the same thing. Look up one and you will find reference to the other two. What's the difference between HIGH and INFLATED, nothing. Women are playing with words and brothers don't know it. When a woman talks about her ego, it's called self-esteem but, when a woman talks about a man's ego it's conceded, arrogant, stuck up, etc. It's call euphemistic. In other words, call a thief a cleptomanic. One just sounds softer than the other. Secondly, a woman will appeal to a man's ego in order to get something from a man such as, if you're a man or why don't you be a man and step up. Then when a woman wants to attack a man's ego, she bash, degrade, debase his ego. Women have egos just as big as men. Call themselves diva, princess, queen and goddess but, they fail to realize there is their counter part in a man. Divo, prince, king and god. Women don't want you to know for every egotistical diva, there's a divo, etc.
7/23/2009 22:29 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
coolyfett

very interesting. I dont have pride, never cared what anyone thinks of me. I know the truth about myself and my worth. I wish other brothas knew the truth. I find that women stay around longer when their ability to destroy your feelings is removed. If one concentrates and focuses on removing all fears and weaknesses, then how can your ego be hurt, if you do not have one?
2/6/2010 02:16 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
Forum Start > Culture & Lifestyle > The Men's Room > OUR FRAGILE EGOS

Quick reply
You need to login before you can post.

Mybrotha.COM Home | News | Articles | Relationships | Health | Lifestyle | Entertainment | Business | Jobs & Careers
Quizzes | SpotLight | Message Boards | Sitemap | Links | Terms and Conditions | Privacy Policy
© 2002-2008 Mybrotha.COM   All Rights Reserved