Forum Start - Register
Name Password Forgot your password?

Forum Start > Entertainment > Celebrity Gossip > Is Oprah discriminating against rappers?
Author
Thread
(First page ... << 1 [2] )
hmurchison
Preferred Member

That's the problem. We have to mentor the youth into taking the right path. We've spent too much time washing our hands of issues that need to be dealth with down and dirty.

Oprah has every right to refuse to give attention to Hip Hop but we as black people cannot put our head in the sand and hope that things are going away. Non blacks are profitting greatly from the enslavement of these wayward artists. How can we get them to understand the lies and hipocrisy and speak about positivity and self fullfilment?

Oprah and Bill Cosby have turned their backs. Who can they look to?
7/3/2006 15:20 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
ecjr23

This is my opinion, I love Oprah and may God continue to bless her with much success. But everyone knows what struggles she went through growing up in Milwaukee, so she should be more encouraging towards these up and coming celebs. Remember Samuel L. Jackson at one time said that he will never do a movie with a hip-hop artist, he felt that they were taking roles away from legit actors. Now he is doing a movie with 50 cent???

If I could have convinced more slaves that they were slaves, I could have freed thousands more. - Harriet Tubman
7/4/2006 02:31 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
Forum Start > Entertainment > Celebrity Gossip > Is Oprah discriminating against rappers?
Pages: 2 (First page ... << 1 [2] )

Quick reply
You need to login before you can post.

Mybrotha.COM Home | News | Articles | Relationships | Health | Lifestyle | Entertainment | Business | Jobs & Careers
Quizzes | SpotLight | Message Boards | Sitemap | Links | Terms and Conditions | Privacy Policy
© 2002-2008 Mybrotha.COM   All Rights Reserved