Forum Start - Register
Name Password Forgot your password?

Forum Start > The University Cafe > Anything And Everything > Adult ADD
Author
Thread
Jack

Adult ADD
So many people are focused on ADD in children today. But if this is so bad, then ADD had to have been in affect a long time ago, right? What's your over-view on adults who can't focus right, or focus on too many tasks at one time, or jump from subject to subject, or never finish a project that you know they've started, etc.?
8/28/2006 14:11 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
Lee4love

I am a Man who deals with ADD as well. It was seen as being a bit lazy as a child. I would study hard--but the next day--my mind went blink during tests and many lessons being taught. I had a vivid imagination during my day dreams.
But in many circles--many think this is a mental desease that makes us crazy or something close. Many people say it doesn't exist. It is the Drs and others trying to give us medicines to make us Black Men like Zombies or impotent. Funny how unaware they truly are, meaning uneducated as well. Many of the drugs for the ADD and ADHD can refocus our brains. If my Mom had of known a lot of this--I'd be a much better Man today. My son and I share this hi, so I teach him better--you're no one who needs to buy into that non-sense. There are ways to refocus our minds. Methods to help many of us Adults remember things--study better in school as well as become more productive in life...
8/28/2006 21:27 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
VickanS
Preferred Member

That's interesting Lee4love. I don't know much about ADD, but I tend to think that most people have it every now and then. The inability to focus, or concentrate on things seems normal. I know it happens to me often.

I tend to believe that it has more to do with where you are in your life, than a chemical inbalance, or something medical. But like I said, I'm just talking -- I don't know much about ADD.
8/29/2006 10:52 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
Lee4love

ADD--it's no shame
It's no shame at all to have it. The problem is all over the place. More Men and young boys have it more than others. On same days we focus without a problem--on others--the day passes by and we forget. In relationships--we are not too good at any of them. We may have multiple marriages, relationships that have gone sour. It's all about getting to where we need to be. Learning to focus with the meds-the medicine is not the miracle. Along with a daily regimen comes daily brain exercises.
I take the medication called: Adderal. It's in the extended releases form. There is a problem if you forget to take it early. You will find that 12 to 16 hours it stays with you--hard to deal with. At times when you take it past 10-am---prepare for a long night and possibly after 12 being up. I prefer taking my daily dosage prior to 8:30 each day.....It works pretty well...
Always monitor the kidney and the liver enzymes in order to stay current on any problems....
9/21/2006 15:21 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
VickanS
Preferred Member

I've heard of Adderal, but I don't know anybody taking it. I know that I sometimes have problems focusing. I can read a paragraph in a book and have no idea what it said. I read it, reread it and read it again and still feel clueless.
9/28/2006 20:25 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
Lee4love

Imagine waking everyday without focus. I mean--don't even take any medicine.

As I recall when I was school--I had that fear factor of getting spankings. So I'd work under pressure because my Parents felt I wasn't studying or paying attention. Yes--they hit that on it's head. Yet my Mom tells me--ADD didn't exist when I was a teen..mmmm
When I joined the Army--If there was things I didn't like--I didn't pay attention. Couldn't in fact. On many days, weeks and months--I was just an empty person.
Soon a lot of things took place. Sleepless nights, stress, couldn't finish certain jobs or tasks. As a child you're used to having an adult push you. In basic training--you will have Drill Sgts push....When you go to work--you can have a supervisor--but at times you will not keep a Job.
In my case--I kept a job--Army 13 years--then I worked 3 odd jobs--then worked again for the Government for almost 10 years. I got hurt on the job---so that put me out of work. So far--8 years. Imagine being this way....Unable to do things like normal folks? I now see it on a larger scale...People who have no get out and go. I push myself real hard since I am the father of 2 boys. On any given day--I will come up with bright ideas of something to do--fun with them. But in my spare time--I find it's crazy
10/4/2006 23:58 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
turyalon

ADD, depression and most other health problems that we are suffering from are caused by the chemicals that we are exposed to. Unless you are eating organic, you are ingesting way too many chemicals on a daily basis. Also, all of your drugs; over the counter and prescriptions are chemicals. They all cause disease. Drugs should always be a last resort. The body is sophisticated and is designed to heal itself. But since we do not feed it properly, it can't. So the first step is to take care of the body; detox, provide organic nourishment, exercise and think positive thoughts. If your not convinced that the body heals itself, consider the placebo affect.

If you still can't believe that ADD is caused by toxic chemicals, remember that the SSRIs like Zoloft are being taken to court because they alledgely cause young people to become suicidal or homicidal. These are severe behavioral changes caused by legal, FDA approved drugs.

ADD responds well to daily aerobic types of exercise. If you treat these illnesses with drugs, you are masking the problem and causing others.

Children today are raised on totally chemical food now. Pesticides are on the fruits and vegatables, the meat has hormones, the water is floridated and clorinated, milk and juice is homogenized and pasturized, skin care products have chemicals, cigarettes contain up to 464 additives and chemicals etc. Don't expect them to remain healthy under these conditions.

We have thrown more money at cancer and the problem is worse than ever. Save your donation and buy organic with it. Surely we don't expect the foundation CEOs to give up six figure incomes by "curing" the illness.

PS: If you have Depression and you smoke, switch brands to an all natural cigarette like American Spirit. Your depression will improve significantly. Parents this works for your teenagers with thug like behavior too. Basically, find the chemical source of the problem and eliminate it. If your the sensitive type; allergies & rashes you can't tollerate the toxic chemicals. Common symptoms are sleep & memory problems, thinking that every one else is not making any sense (cognitive problem), anger, rage and self medicating.

Never eat/drink artificial anything. Products sold as diet food is designed to make you fat and hungrier. The products are manufactured for maximum profit.
10/27/2006 13:46 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
Forum Start > The University Cafe > Anything And Everything > Adult ADD

Quick reply
You need to login before you can post.

Mybrotha.COM Home | News | Articles | Relationships | Health | Lifestyle | Entertainment | Business | Jobs & Careers
Quizzes | SpotLight | Message Boards | Sitemap | Links | Terms and Conditions | Privacy Policy
© 2002-2008 Mybrotha.COM   All Rights Reserved