Forum Start - Register
Name Password Forgot your password?

Forum Start > Culture & Lifestyle > The Men's Room > What's the best thing your father taught you?
Author
Thread
Jack

What's the best thing your father taught you?
That you think every boy and young man should learn?

(Last edit:: 5/8/2007 08:19)
2/1/2007 11:59 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
J. Dub

The one thing I can think of that always has stuck in my head is simply that my father was there. He was the provider, and was proud to wear that badge. He wasn't perfect and there are things I try not to mirror while providing for my own family; but his presence and sometimes tough love really has molded my views on what a real man should be.
2/8/2007 01:15 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
caliborn

My father about wearing that responsibility hat with honor.....Even when my parents divorced he was always there giving advice and steering me in the right direction......Two thumbs for him...he made sure I was never influenced by anyone except him......

This is also the same man who told me in regards to women....."Never eat anything that can get up and walk away from the table"......lmao

5/4/2007 16:29 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
VickanS
Preferred Member

Quote:
The one thing I can think of that always has stuck in my head is simply that my father was there. He was the provider, and was proud to wear that badge.

I totally agree. My father was a very responsible man who was always in the home. He took great care of his kids and that was one of the best things he could have ever shown me. He taught me not to let people run over me just because I was nice to them. Valuable lesson in my opinion.

Quote:
Never eat anything that can get up and walk away from the table"......lmao

See that is just wrong!
5/8/2007 08:15 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
MelvinG

To get my behind up and go to work every day. We never had to struggle financially because my dad was a good provider.
6/9/2007 08:44 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
Forum Start > Culture & Lifestyle > The Men's Room > What's the best thing your father taught you?

Quick reply
You need to login before you can post.

Mybrotha.COM Home | News | Articles | Relationships | Health | Lifestyle | Entertainment | Business | Jobs & Careers
Quizzes | SpotLight | Message Boards | Sitemap | Links | Terms and Conditions | Privacy Policy
© 2002-2008 Mybrotha.COM   All Rights Reserved