Forum Start - Register
Name Password Forgot your password?

Forum Start > The University Cafe > Anything And Everything > The Hip Hop Culture
Author
Thread
(First page ... << 1 [2] )
ecjr23

You know, it's funny. Just yesterday I was playing some D.O.C. in my car, this young brotha pulled up next to me. He turned his stereo down and asked me who was I bumpin', so I told him D.O.C. "The Formula." He said that that was a tight rapper and if this was someone new, I said that this is was a rapper from the late 80s. Now this young brotha is planning on going out to get this CD.

If I could have convinced more slaves that they were slaves, I could have freed thousands more. - Harriet Tubman
5/26/2007 11:39 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
thedrknghtno1

Hip-hop has to stop just focusing on the young crowd...the old skool listeners are the ones who put hip-hop on the map. there are still good rappers out there and good music
such as:

the remixes of Nas "where are they now?" (80's, 90's, west coast, and even a 50's version lol on youtube.com

classic - with Rakim, Nas, Kanye West and KRS-one

but the real thing to do is create a museum for hip-hop history and culture... so it cant be forgotten....any donators?
5/30/2007 09:45 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
noon

hip hop is no longer about dope mcs it is about record sales and wack hooks especially all that down south stuff the only difference between nyc and atl is the dirty sticks together nyc is too full of haters
8/14/2007 20:41 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
ecjr23

50 cent was claiming that if he left the rap game, the sales for rap music would hit an all time low. Is he right? Can you consider him to be one of the most influential MCs out today?

If I could have convinced more slaves that they were slaves, I could have freed thousands more. - Harriet Tubman
9/30/2007 18:13 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
sblake1016

Hip-Hop is still alive and well, even for us (30s and up), you just have to know where to look. Talib Kweli, Mos Def, The Roots, etc. have just what we need; that's grown folks hip-hop.

P.S.--Extra shout out to De La Soul, arguably the greatest hip-hop group ever; how come they haven't been named an honoree for VH-1's Hip-Hop Honors, but they made A Tribe Called Quest an honoree even though De La came out first?? Hmmmmm...................
10/15/2007 22:09 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
ecjr23

Yeah, that is so true...hmmm

I just started watching BET's Jazz station, they play a lot of old school R & B and hiphop vidoes. The air the old Video Soul w/Donnie Simpson.

10/17/2007 11:08 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
Forum Start > The University Cafe > Anything And Everything > The Hip Hop Culture
Pages: 2 (First page ... << 1 [2] )

Quick reply
You need to login before you can post.

Mybrotha.COM Home | News | Articles | Relationships | Health | Lifestyle | Entertainment | Business | Jobs & Careers
Quizzes | SpotLight | Message Boards | Sitemap | Links | Terms and Conditions | Privacy Policy
© 2002-2008 Mybrotha.COM   All Rights Reserved