Forum Start - Register
Name Password Forgot your password?

Forum Start > Entertainment > Events, Concerts, Shows > Oprah's Legends Ball
Author
Thread
Sarina22

Oprah's Legends Ball
I have to admit that I have no clue what this is about!

But, I saw the commercial promos for it and it appears that some VERY inspirational Black women will be a part of it.

The list I'm seeing is: (25 Legends)

Maya Angelou, Shirley Caesar, Diahann Carroll, Elizabeth Catlett, Ruby Dee, Katherine Dunham, Roberta Flack, Aretha Franklin, Nikki Giovanni, Dorothy Height, Lena Horne, Coretta Scott King, Gladys Knight, Patti LaBelle, Toni Morrison, Rosa Parks, Leontyne Price, Della Reese, Diana Ross, Naomi Sims, Tina Turner, Cicely Tyson, Alice Walker, Dionne Warwick and Nancy Wilson

Wow!

The list of up and coming stars I'm seeing shown is: (Younguns)

Alicia Keys, Ashanti, Angela Bassett, Halle Berry, Mary J. Blige, Brandy, Naomi Campbell, Mariah Carey, Natalie Cole, Kimberly Elise, Missy Elliott, Tyra Banks, Iman, Janet Jackson, Phylicia Rashad, Debbie Allen and Alfre Woodard

Wow, again!

Should be an interesting show.
5/22/2006 13:53 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
VickanS
Preferred Member

Yeah... I saw this last night and it was spectacular!! That was one of the best displays of homage I've ever seen paid to such great women. I know a few people recorded it, so I may watch it again later.

It was really cool towards the end when Bebe Winans was singing and handed the microphone over to Shirley Caesar. As Oprah said: "It was over then!"

But I think some other sistas should've been there: (Not sure if they were, so correct me if I'm wrong) Vanessa Williams, Pam Grier, and Sheryl Lee Ralph. I would have also liked to see her pay homage to others who have passed like she did with Rosa Parks and Corretta Scott King. It would have been cool to see Moms Mabley and Esther Rolle in that memorial piece.

Either way, it was a really good show.
5/23/2006 11:18 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
Sarina22

It was a really good show! I was totally impressed with the way Oprah paid tribute to such great women.

Yeah... giving those sistas a microphone was bound to get an impromptu concert starting! It was good to see though.
5/26/2006 09:58 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
Forum Start > Entertainment > Events, Concerts, Shows > Oprah's Legends Ball

Quick reply
You need to login before you can post.

Mybrotha.COM Home | News | Articles | Relationships | Health | Lifestyle | Entertainment | Business | Jobs & Careers
Quizzes | SpotLight | Message Boards | Sitemap | Links | Terms and Conditions | Privacy Policy
© 2002-2008 Mybrotha.COM   All Rights Reserved