Forum Start - Register
Name Password Forgot your password?

Forum Start > Entertainment > Celebrity Gossip > Bobby Brown Booed at Essence Music Festival for Onstage Antics
Author
Thread
johnparker247365

Bobby Brown Booed at Essence Music Festival for Onstage Antics
Bobby Brown and New Edition were the talk of yesterday's Essence Music World Festival for all the wrong reasons.

According to an AP report, Brown tried upstaging former band mates -- Ralph Tresvant, Ricky Bell, Ronnie DeVoe, John Gill and Michael Bivins -- with bizzare on-stage antics and "raunchy" dance moves.

During Brown's solo performance of his 1988 hit "Don't Be Cruel", he reportedly made subtle references to his sex life with wife Whitney Houston.

And by the time Brown reached his solo finale, performing "My Prerogative", the crowd had seen enough -- some onlookers booed and begged the shirtless 39-year-old to leave the stage.

About the Festival
The Essence Music Festival has been an annual event in New Orleans since 1995, however due to Hurricane Katrina, this year's festival had been temporarily moved to Reliant Stadium in Houston, Texas. The festival was called "the largest gathering of African-American musical talent in the world" by Essence President Michelle Ebanks.

posted by: Urban Celebrity News

1152074633bobbybrown.jpg Downloads:1556

(Last edit:: 7/9/2006 14:52)
7/5/2006 04:43 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
hmurchison
Preferred Member

Sad. Doesn't he realize that "B Brown" as a sex symbol was gone like 10 years and 2 jail sentences ago? Talk about living in the past. Bragging about hitting it up with Whitney is low class. Come'on Bobby!
7/5/2006 12:07 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
ecjr23

Yes hmurchison, it is sad that he would stoop this low. If you really look at his career, besides the "My Prerogative" album the only success he's really had was with New Edition. Look at how this group brought back Johnny Gill's singing career.

And personally, I feel that if he wasn't in Whitney's life, her career wouldn't be on the rocks the way it is now. I mean she was experimenting with the "happy grass" before Bobby came along, but it got worse once they became a couple.

Also, it is very sad to see their daughter, Bobbi Kristina in the tabloids in such a negative manner. She is only about 14 or 15yrs old and already looking like she is in her late 20s.

If I could have convinced more slaves that they were slaves, I could have freed thousands more. - Harriet Tubman
7/9/2006 05:54 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
Forum Start > Entertainment > Celebrity Gossip > Bobby Brown Booed at Essence Music Festival for Onstage Antics

Quick reply
You need to login before you can post.

Mybrotha.COM Home | News | Articles | Relationships | Health | Lifestyle | Entertainment | Business | Jobs & Careers
Quizzes | SpotLight | Message Boards | Sitemap | Links | Terms and Conditions | Privacy Policy
© 2002-2008 Mybrotha.COM   All Rights Reserved