Forum Start - Register
Name Password Forgot your password?

Forum Start > Relationships > Dating > Unattractive Woman
Author
Thread
VickanS
Preferred Member

Unattractive Woman
I won't ever admit to being the best looking brotha in the world, but I'm not bad. Women haven't ever complained and I do get a few compliments. But I ran into this sister at my job (it's a big organization) and she's not very attractive at all.

She throws those female hints (you know how women do) and I get the feeling that she wants to go out. But I just ain't feeling her. She seems nice, a good woman and all that, but how would you tell a woman you are not attracted to her?

I think she will eventually just ask me if I want to hang out, but if I do she will probably start thinking I'm interested in her (and I don't want that!) But she seem to be one of those types who asks a lot of questions like: Do you think my hair is okay? How do you like my apartment? Why don't you want to go out?

And if she ask me that, I would feel bad having to say the real reason.
7/10/2006 13:44 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
hmurchison
Preferred Member

Make up a woman that you're interested in and talk about her everytime this woman is around. Ask her for advice. She'll grow sick of being put on the "friendship" path. At least her pride isn't damaged in anyway.
7/11/2006 00:29 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
willie6

There are a whole bunch of unattractive ladies around. I hate to bust out my sistas like that but everybody cant look good. I dont consider myself a good looking brotha but i do consider myself a good man.

Just tell her you aint interested in nothing more than a friend. If she ask why tell her that you are interestd in somebody else. Women dont usually keep coming after you say no one time.
7/12/2006 10:44 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
ecjr23

And besides, the work place is the wrong environment to get caught up in relationship drama. Tell her that you really do not date your co-workers.

If I could have convinced more slaves that they were slaves, I could have freed thousands more. - Harriet Tubman
7/14/2006 02:06 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
VickanS
Preferred Member

Not sure what's up with the chick lately, but she's been ignoring me. (Which is a good thing!) I guess that sound mean, but maybe she got the hint that I wasn't interested.

I would rather her get the cold shoulder from me than for me to have to actually tell her: "I don't want to go out with you"
7/21/2006 08:06 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
brian07

willie6 wrote:
There are a whole bunch of unattractive ladies around. I hate to bust out my sistas like that but everybody cant look good. I dont consider myself a good looking brotha but i do consider myself a good man.

Just tell her you aint interested in nothing more than a friend. If she ask why tell her that you are interestd in somebody else. Women dont usually keep coming after you say no one time.

wow..that is the truth though. Alot of sistas ignore the fact that there not that good looking, but yet want to talk to a good looking brotha. I myself(A good looking brotha) go through this everyday. I feel like I deserve to have a good looking women on my arm black, white latina, etc. These thug brothas have good looking females on there arms, so me being a good brotha with a future deserve to have a good looking female on my arm my standards are high now.

But to the person who made this thread, you should just upright tell her that shes not your type. Sure they will throw little girl fits, cuss at you, try to lie and say they wasnt really feeling you, but deep down there hurting. You should look at things like, if no other brotha wants you, what makes you think I'll want you. but ugly females do have money, and generally live successful, but kissing that is just yuck. If a ugly girl tries to holla at me, I run full speed away from her. Dont even give her a slight chance that you may be interested in her, because ugly girls do stalk. I dln't mean to be disrespectful, but its just from my experience thats all..just an opinion.

11/8/2007 18:22 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
TheRealDeal4Sho'

Just my take:

She may not be pleasing to the eyes, but what about her internal Spirit? DON'T EVER JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER.

What are your shortcomings?

The fact that you referred to her as a 'chick' speaks volumes about you. May I offer a tad bit of advice - PERHAPS YOU SHOULD USE CAUTION WHEN DISMISSING INDIVIDUALS WITH HARSH TREATMENT. That 'chick' is someone's Daughter, possibly Sister or maybe an Aunt ..... our actions swing full circle and someone will give a 'chick' in your family that you love the same treatment you gave her.

It would've been about your Delivery without lying to her.

WOMEN are the weaker vessel and BEAUTIFUL in all aspects regardless of how we look - her looks may not be pleasing to your eyes but hopefully a MAN of Character and Integrity will be Intelligent enough to seek the internal package.

Be careful who you discount and throw away!
1/20/2008 09:19 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
daizy1415

Bump the internal spirit! If you think she's ugly then just kindly tell her your not interested and take pleasure in the fact that someone found you attractive. In other words, just be flattered. When some men that I don't find attractive try to flirt with me I kindly keep chit chat to a minimum so they don't think I feel the same way and keep my distance until they stop liking me. For me it works maybe you should try it.
2/2/2008 22:11 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
TheRealDeal4Sho'

To "daizy1415":

You can easily say 'bump the internal spirit" now, just be careful .... because LIFE ISN'T DONE WITH YOU YET. PLEASE don't get to far ahead of yourself!

It's not wise placing a person's physical characteristics at the top. Why be flattered when ONE person finds an exterior appealing when there's how many MILLIONS of people in this world?

LIFE ISN'T DONE WITH YOU YET.

What happens if you're in a fire and you suffer and endure 3rd degree burns to 90% of your body, What happens if you have a stroke and the left side of your body becomes paralyzed - DO YOU THINK YOU'LL STILL BE ATTRACTIVE AND LIKEABLE AS YOU THINK YOU ARE AND DRAW THE SAME ATTENTION?

Be Careful, Life Isn't Done With You Yet.

A person can be drop dead gorgeous 'looking' or handome beyond belief, but opening their mouths with unsavory words makes them butt ugly with no doubt; because now their true hearts are revealved.
2/3/2008 19:04 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
forrealtho

TheReal Deal4Show
Will you marry me? I find it so uplifting to hear a brother speak on another level other than the physical because we do have ourselves and our God to deal with at the end of the day. I would also caution the brotha that I was just reading an entry from a brother who married a beautiful cold fish who could not cook. But she looked good on his arm...I guess in her sleep too. Haha. I am new to the sight and find the conversational exchange to be at a higher level than most. We must rise above this current state of "vile affection" if we expect as adults, parents, partners and fellow AAM to leave some legacy. If we as mature adults are finding relationships a struggle...what will our youth encounter? "And Yet I will Show You a more Excellent way". Ha! we have similar names. Thanks for the insightful comments and yes Life is the teacher! I just appreciate keeping it de realist I can. Only by that can we grow. Your Truth plus My truth equals our Reality!
4/8/2008 20:15 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
forrealtho

TheReal Deal4Show
Love it! You da Man 4 sho'! I find it so uplifting to hear a brother speak on another level other than the physical because we do have ourselves and our God to deal with at the end of the day. I would also caution the brotha that I was just reading an entry from a brother who married a beautiful cold fish who could not cook. But she looked good on his arm...I guess in her sleep too. Haha. I am new to the sight and find the conversational exchange to be at a higher level than most. We must rise above this current state of "vile affection" if we expect as adults, parents, partners and fellow AAM to leave some legacy. If we as mature adults are finding relationships a struggle...what will our youth encounter? "And Yet I will Show You a more Excellent way". Ha! we have similar names. Thanks for the insightful comments and yes Life is the teacher! I just appreciate keeping it de realist I can. Only by that can we grow. Your Truth plus My truth equals our Reality!
4/8/2008 20:22 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
Forum Start > Relationships > Dating > Unattractive Woman

Quick reply
You need to login before you can post.

Mybrotha.COM Home | News | Articles | Relationships | Health | Lifestyle | Entertainment | Business | Jobs & Careers
Quizzes | SpotLight | Message Boards | Sitemap | Links | Terms and Conditions | Privacy Policy
© 2002-2008 Mybrotha.COM   All Rights Reserved