Forum Start - Register
Name Password Forgot your password?

Forum Start > Culture & Lifestyle > Religion & Spirituality > What I was reading today
Author
Thread
Ifayomi

What I was reading today
Taken from the first book of a series of 17 volumes entitled

IFISM The Complete Work Of Orunmila by Mr. C. Osamaro IBIE

"As a pratical philosopher therefore, Orunmila appreciates that much as one may extend all the love to one's neighbors, the good turn is not often reciprocated. Nonetheless, he strongly advises against retailiation and vengance because the Divinities will always intervene on the side of the righteous"

"A man's first obligation to himself is to preserve himself through divination and sacrifice. If a stronger person is waging any overt or covert war on someone who lacks power to fight unseen forces, Orunmila advises resort to divination when in doubt and to make any sacrifice prescribed to the higher powers"

"This experince of Ejiogbe clearly illustrates that those who work in defense of the objective good, court the risk of envy and open aggression from others less endowed with benevolence and magnanimity. Those who insist on doing things the right way, incur the displeasure and wrath of those who stand to benefit from chaos, cheating and confusion. Those who do their work without expecting any extra curricular benefits in return, get called all kinds of discreditable names. In fact false stories are even invented against them, because the selfishness of human nature does not allow people to concede to others more credit that they are able to admit to themselves. For their own peace of mind, the less righteous must of neccesity surround their concious with a facade of false assumptions and justifications
8/2/2006 22:18 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
VickanS
Preferred Member

Very interesting information. Especially this part:

Quote:
...because the selfishness of human nature does not allow people to concede to others more credit that they are able to admit to themselves.

This is so prevalent in black society and one of the reasons jealousy and envy exist. Of course those "others" who deserve that extra credit have certain roles that have to play too.
8/3/2006 16:14 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
Ifayomi

In response on another board that I belong, The question was posed do you believe life is a gamble I responded with what is below. I am so happy with my response(yes yes I am) that I wanted to share it here as well
Peace Oyinfunmilayo-Ifayomi

Thank you thank you for the freedom. This is only part.
As you mostly all know I am an Ifa devotee Ifa/Yoruba is an African Spiritual System out of west Africa Nigeria, Benin, Lagos, and other parts that were called Yorubaland. Dates back way back when at least 20,000 yrs if not more. Talks about creation everything. Having said that I now say this the teachings of Ifa teach us. That we all came here by choice, also before we came we knew of our destiny we made promises etc in Orun (heaven) before coming here of what we would achieve etc. we came with the protection and guidance if you will of a particular Orisa (divinity) (not almighty God) but a divinity one of the Orisa who would be for lack of a better way to put it our protector etc. Also in Orun we have what is known as Ori who guides us and is responsible so to speak for our destiny. when I say so to speak is Ori acts with us he/she leads us and guides us if we listen if we communicte with Ori. Now with that being said we also have who is known as Esu (Eshu) Elegba who is known as the trickser or Olupa (the policeman of Orun) Esu is the tester of character and also is the one to bring you to the place of decision but offers you choices right or wrong you choose, In African thought or cosmology everything is controled by the Orisa. nature everything and in order for you to be sucessful (not necc. materially) you must seek the Orisa for direction. Orunmila known as the divinity of wisdom knows all he knows our destinies he was there to my understanding before we came here he knows why we came and he also knows what to do to avoid the pitfalls or traps in life. whew Ok getting a bit gone here try to reel it back in now. In old Africa if you will even today not only in Africa but other indigenous peoples they have naming ceremonies at the birht of a child, for the African this was to give him his name as to what his destiny was to be. How was his destiny determined. It was determined by divination, what is still praticed in Ifa Santeria Dahomean Voodun, Hatian Voodoo Lucimi etc. When the divination was done by the priest and priestesses Orunmila revealed what had been determined in Orun before the child came (also children according to Ifa are Anscestors returning much more to say about that) This is why the ceremony was so important so that that child could be guided in the correct path to fulfill his/her destiny. I would like to add at this point we all have a destiny but the most we have to do is obtain Iwa Pele (gentle character) and Kayfia you have seen I ma sure the change in me from when you first met me (hence I am growing toward Iwa Pele) this is the ultimate destiny for all, but we also have special things in this life to do. Now the reason that many of us do not fulfill our destiny is because we do not know what it is. How do you know what is your destiny, well for this person it is consulting Ifa through divination etc. there are also obstacles that are in place to kee you from fulfilling your destiny hence according to Ifa through divination you can see what these obstacles are also recieve the answers in how to overcome them. Last thing said for now. Remeber Esu I mentioned earlier. I really do not want to blame him (so guess what I wont) but will say when we pass through the birthing canal we forget the promises made in Orun and we living in new europe for over 500yrs have had a disadvantage because we were not exposed to the teachings of our Anscestors when it came to destiny so we have stumbled tripped made huge mistakes (myself included obviously) and some of us have missed the boat. guess what remember I said the Anscestors return, thats right the wheel of reicarnation to try it all over again. and much more

Oyinfunmilayo-Ifayomi
8/4/2006 10:09 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
Ifayomi

Someone pointed out a misunderstanding here is clarification

Originally Posted by Ifayomi
In response on another board that I belong, The question was posed do you believe life is a gamble I responded with what is below. I am so happy with my response(yes yes I am) that I wanted to share it here as well
Peace Oyinfunmilayo-Ifayomi

we came with the protection and guidance if you will of a particular Orisa (divinity) (not almighty God) but a divinity one of the Orisa who would be for lack of a better way to put it our protector etc.
Oyinfunmilayo-Ifayomi

If this is true then why Mo Juba Oludamare? Oludamare comes before Orisha my brother. All protection and guidance that comes our way by way of Orisha is because of Oludamare.

we came with the protection and guidance if you will of a particular Orisa (divinity) (not almighty God) but a divinity one of the Orisa who would be for lack of a better way to put it our protector etc.

Aboru Aboye Abosise, I can now see how this may be misunderstood. I am sorry if that is the impression taken when I said Orisa (divinities) not Almighty God I was trying to explain to those who read this that the divinities are not Olodumare (Almighty God) Yes I say Mo Juba Olodumare from Olodumare all flows I was not trying to get around Olodumare please forgive the way it seemed
Peace
Oyinfunmilayo-Ifayomi
Also mo dupe for the thought to proof for me
8/4/2006 14:05 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
Forum Start > Culture & Lifestyle > Religion & Spirituality > What I was reading today

Quick reply
You need to login before you can post.

Mybrotha.COM Home | News | Articles | Relationships | Health | Lifestyle | Entertainment | Business | Jobs & Careers
Quizzes | SpotLight | Message Boards | Sitemap | Links | Terms and Conditions | Privacy Policy
© 2002-2008 Mybrotha.COM   All Rights Reserved