Forum Start - Register
Name Password Forgot your password?

Forum Start > Relationships > Dating > What Men look for in a LADY
Author
Thread
rodrice

What Men look for in a LADY
As a black man, I have recently found myself searching for a sista to call my own. Someone that is all mine, yes some brothas are doen with that player life style. im young (24) but have had enough of the playin around. Im ready to find someone that I can enjoy myself with. Not really marriage today, but a relationship where we grow together.

So I read this article on Mybrotha.com titled 5 assts women need to become 'ms.right'. I must say they hit it on the head.

The 5 are:

1. suport system
2. being sexy
3. suzy homeamaker
4. a spirital mind
5. smarty pants

some men many tell you different but these 5 things to say the least is what we hold as being important when looking for Ms.Right. For myself I have to have someone that will suppport me, she has to be a god fearing women, goal orienated, college educated and to last but most importantly a LADY. I cant not stand to see a sista carrying herself as anything less than a lady.

So ladies yes, we too have our own list we may not write them down but we have them and remember them when we are interacting with you.

Tell me what you think, fellas what do you hold as important when looking for a lady, women what do you think about this list. Are you able to be this?
8/3/2006 22:49 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
VickanS
Preferred Member

Damn right!!! When I read that article, I said the same thing..."this really is what black men want in a woman." Like rodrice said, some brothas may have others particular to them, but I don't think any brothas can argue with that list.

What is so funny is, women don't realize how simple men are. That is a lot of stuff for a sista to have, but its only five things! If you got those 5, you WILL find a good man.
8/7/2006 05:36 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
ecjr23

For me, a good woman needs to have faith in God, has respect for herself, knows how to be a lady and carry herself as such, has her man's back for emotional and moral support, willing to grow in a relationship that could someday lead to marriage, must be a good communicator, a little freakiness wouldn't hurt either. Am I asking too much out of a woman ladies?

If I could have convinced more slaves that they were slaves, I could have freed thousands more. - Harriet Tubman
8/10/2006 10:25 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
Kristimistic

?????
What does support system mean? Her own ends, or her peeps?

1174934598KrisKuwait05 012.jpg Downloads:1206
3/26/2007 18:43 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
beauty

rodrice wrote:
As a black man, I have recently found myself searching for a sista to call my own. Someone that is all mine, yes some brothas are doen with that player life style. im young (24) but have had enough of the playin around. Im ready to find someone that I can enjoy myself with. Not really marriage today, but a relationship where we grow together.

So I read this article on Mybrotha.com titled 5 assts women need to become 'ms.right'. I must say they hit it on the head.

The 5 are:

1. suport system
2. being sexy
3. suzy homeamaker
4. a spirital mind
5. smarty pants

some men many tell you different but these 5 things to say the least is what we hold as being important when looking for Ms.Right. For myself I have to have someone that will suppport me, she has to be a god fearing women, goal orienated, college educated and to last but most importantly a LADY. I cant not stand to see a sista carrying herself as anything less than a lady.

So ladies yes, we too have our own list we may not write them down but we have them and remember them when we are interacting with you.

Tell me what you think, fellas what do you hold as important when looking for a lady, women what do you think about this list. Are you able to be this?

hello, im new to this lovely site dedicated to BROTHAS.

i think this is wonderful as brothas should know what they want in a woman and not accept anything to the contrary. if we women are raised to be selective, then why not BROTHAS? when you really look at it realistically we all want the same thing...someone that will love us and that we can love and go through life with....i know i do.

BEAUTY

4/2/2007 06:17 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
beauty

VickanS wrote:
Damn right!!! When I read that article, I said the same thing..."this really is what black men want in a woman." Like rodrice said, some brothas may have others particular to them, but I don't think any brothas can argue with that list.

What is so funny is, women don't realize how simple men are. That is a lot of stuff for a sista to have, but its only five things! If you got those 5, you WILL find a good man.

because we women dont know how 'simple' men are, why not tell us...at least the ones that are willing to listen...lol.

BEAUTY

4/2/2007 07:14 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
beauty

ecjr23 wrote:
For me, a good woman needs to have faith in God, has respect for herself, knows how to be a lady and carry herself as such, has her man's back for emotional and moral support, willing to grow in a relationship that could someday lead to marriage, must be a good communicator, a little freakiness wouldn't hurt either. Am I asking too much out of a woman ladies?

not at all sweetie...not a all...but it is hard to find a man that really wants it. i believe i may have FINALLY met such a man. he is a true gentleman.

BEAUTY

4/2/2007 07:16 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
Wanting2Know

8/29/2009 00:11 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
Wanting2Know

Hey, Guys! I just want to comment. I know that I am attractive and I get many compliments, but I am serious when it comes to what a man wants. I have date men of several ethics and nationalities, and never had a problem getting a man. I am recently engaged and I am most definetly not a cheater, but I am bored in my relationship. I know my guy is a good man, but I am afriad that with our life style and him being not so savvy in the family department we just might break up. I guess what I trying to say is... he is very inexperienced when it comes to real life issues. Be nice and give me some advice about the not so experienced guy. Mind you I have dated men of different ages, but everybody is different.
8/29/2009 00:21 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
doneit

1. suport system
2. being sexy
3. suzy homeamaker
4. a spirital mind
5. smarty pants

Y'all dreaming. Black women have high self-esteem and have been EMPOWERED. You're doing good if you can find the basics as Proverbs 31:12 "and she will do him good and not evil all the days of her life."

That is it in a nut shell. Let me explain women to y'all. A woman uses both hemisphere of her brain more efficently than men and that is a scientific fact. Women mature faster than men is a simple example. Look what Delilah did to Sampson, gauged his eyes out. Look at what Robin Givens did to Mike Tyson, knocked him out without touching him. Look at what pharoah wife did to Joseph, lied on him and had him thrown in jail.

Make mama happy and the whole house is happy is the truth. If a woman isn't happy, she's as dangerous as a cobra. No fury like a scorned woman. Brothers, I strongly suggest you get a real good dictionary, I mean a good dictionary and look up the following words.

FASTIDIOUS--hard to please, nick picky, meticulous, squeamish, easily bored, etc. Fastidious is a womans middle name but, they will not admit it. What they will say is, they have high standards. What's the difference between hard to please and high standards? Nothing. Fastidious can be good and can be bad for men. If a woman loves you, she will use that fastidous nature to our benefit, food, clothes, clean, etc.. If a woman disdains a brother, that fastidious nature turns against us in the form of contention, bitter, vindictive and she will nick pick you to death

MISANDRY --- hatred of boys and men.

S.C.U.M.----Society for Cutting Up Men. This is the one that most of us don't know about, black men and especially black women since black women are more inclined to subscribe to the feminist theory. This society is the number one supporter of the feminist movement. SCUM believes all men are heathens, savages, bruts, uncouth and irreconciliable beasts and not worthy. SCUM is the number one supporter of the feminist movement and believe men should be eliminated and eradicated except 10 percent for obvious reasons.
9/6/2009 18:54 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
divasplus

I’m a smart educated black woman surrounded but the stereotypical group of black men. I so desperately want to interact with intelligent black men. There is nothing sexier than a black intelligent brother who can thinks critically; one who has principles that guide his heart and rule his head. When I started reading this thread I was so encourage, and empress. Until Doneit opened his mouth, Thanks for ruining it for me. lol
It’s interesting how one bad apple can ruin a whole batch.
12/18/2009 19:31 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
Alvena

Bringing this back on top...

You will SEE a real lady only when you are prepared to see her! There are many good women and men all around us. But until we are ready to truly see the whole person and are prepared to engage him/her in the right way and for the right reasons....the blinders tend to stay in place.

Phenomenal Woman...
11/6/2010 19:48 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
Forum Start > Relationships > Dating > What Men look for in a LADY

Quick reply
You need to login before you can post.

Mybrotha.COM Home | News | Articles | Relationships | Health | Lifestyle | Entertainment | Business | Jobs & Careers
Quizzes | SpotLight | Message Boards | Sitemap | Links | Terms and Conditions | Privacy Policy
© 2002-2008 Mybrotha.COM   All Rights Reserved