Forum Start - Register
Name Password Forgot your password?

Forum Start > Culture & Lifestyle > In The Community > When the Levees Broke: A Requiem in Four Acts
Author
Thread
ecjr23

When the Levees Broke: A Requiem in Four Acts
Did anyone see the documentary on HBO? What are your thoughts?

If I could have convinced more slaves that they were slaves, I could have freed thousands more. - Harriet Tubman
8/22/2006 07:55 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
VickanS
Preferred Member

I only saw the last installment and just seeing that last 2-hour piece stirred a lot of emotions. I'm glad Spike Lee was able to get more inside information about the lack of effort on the part of the feds and the corps of engineers.

I knew it was bad, but the documentary brought it home.
8/24/2006 06:26 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
ecjr23

New Orleans is where I am from, even though I grew up in the mid-west I still call it home to me. I watched the program both nights and I am glad that Spike put this out there. My father went missing for a whole month, Red Cross didn't do anything to assist me and my family in finding him. He is a Vietnam Vet and suffers from what he had seen over there. This was a rough time for my family. Some were in San Antonio, others were in Dallas, and some made it to Atlanta. My dad was found in Ft Worth about a month later, he was ok. Right now everyone is trying to rebuild and get their lives back on track, but it will take some time though. What I seen my people go through just made me upset at our government. How can they just sit on their butts and watch these innocent people go through something like this. Then try to repsond to request for help and aid 2-3 days later?? Why isn't anyone calling for Bush's impeachment?

If I could have convinced more slaves that they were slaves, I could have freed thousands more. - Harriet Tubman
8/24/2006 22:44 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
Forum Start > Culture & Lifestyle > In The Community > When the Levees Broke: A Requiem in Four Acts

Quick reply
You need to login before you can post.

Mybrotha.COM Home | News | Articles | Relationships | Health | Lifestyle | Entertainment | Business | Jobs & Careers
Quizzes | SpotLight | Message Boards | Sitemap | Links | Terms and Conditions | Privacy Policy
© 2002-2008 Mybrotha.COM   All Rights Reserved