Name Password Forgot your password?

Forum Start > Relationships > Dating > Online Dating
Author
Thread
( [1] 2 >> ... Last page)
VickanS
Preferred Member

Online Dating
I was listening to Michael Baisden today and some of his show was about online dating and how people lie about their features. I have tried it a couple of times and each time the woman lied about her appearance.

Ive learned that sistas tend to lie about their weight and usually use pictures of themselves that are outdated. Men usually lie about their height, job status and will use outdated pictures too.

To me its crazy to lie in an online dating site. Don't people realize that the person will eventually see them in person? If you want to meet in person, that is.

Have you ever been duped in online dating?
9/29/2006 15:17 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
Sarina22

I've tried online dating a few times with the popular companies (Match, Yahoo Personals, eHarmony) and they all have their advantages and disadvantages.

As far as being lied to, I think that happens to everyone. Not on a large scale, but most people tend to leave something out of their profile, or add something extra that probably should not have been there!

The few guys I've interacted with, one did lie about his height (said he was around 6'2" when he was actually 5'11" and another lied about having children.

Just because I think most people add stuff or leave stuff out, doesn't mean I condone it though. I don't think people should lie about anything online. Show the truth and if someone doesn't respond to your ad, they're not the ones for you anyway.

That's my 2 pennies!
10/10/2006 07:29 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
Kristimistic

OH MY GAWD! LOL!
I've tried online dating too. Primarily to see what the hype was all about, but I did meet some interesting, but strange brothas on Blackpeoplemeet.com

I went on 3 dates altogether, and each and everyone of those brothas was off the hook. They lied about their heights and weights, but I let that pass. It was their personalities that I was not feelin. No hard feelings, just told them the vibe wasn't right, and I kept it movin.

I browse every now and again, but I'm cool with meeting brothas up close and personal. That way I get to see their eyes, and feel if the vibe is good.

1174934387KrisKuwait05 012.jpg Downloads:1150
3/26/2007 18:39 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
Intrepid_One

Tried the online dating just after my divorce! HOMERUN! Met several women..most of whom I am still friends with! Be very honest, serious, and save the BS...online is easiest to sell yourself...
3/26/2007 20:04 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
detroitchild

I've tried online dating off/on for years now and have enjoyed it for the most part. I've made some great friends and acquaintances. I've met some looney sistas as well but they were not the norm. I find that it depends what you are online for and remember that it is just another venue to meet folks. You will meet some losers no matter what venue you use...face 2 face or online. Dating online can be used as a great filtering process for those who know how to use it that way. I also try to operate under the premise of no expectations - no disappointments (other than basic respect for one another). I recommend enjoying it for what it is and take it with a grain of salt.
3/27/2007 08:25 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
thedrknghtno1

I have been online dating for a while when im inbetween relationships....met a lot of nice people overall...i just keep in mind that its dating...not a love connection...i just enjoy the date...and if it grows it will.
11/12/2007 11:40 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
ltal

I'm new to MyBrotha and I wanted to comment on your email re: the BlackPeopleMeet.com website. I met an educated, family-oriented man who has sparked my interest. We met October of 2007. I expressed that open and honest communication is important to me, therefore, it is a must that we maintain that should we take it to another level. Here's the problem; I asked what were his intentions toward me, he anwsered that he wanted to try to develop a relationship. The problem is he is still on the site. I confronted him to ask way and his response was he was waiting for his membership to expire. Since meeting him, I cancelled mine because I felt that there was no longer a need to continue the membership since I believe in knowing one man at a time. Any thoughts? He did not try to hide the fact that he still had his membership, but he tried to explain that he just did not want to lose the remainder of his membership credit. Now with that said, I just feel that if a man is interested and trying to develop a relationship, is it my place to ask him to cancel the membership?

1/13/2008 18:00 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
TheRealDeal4Sho'

Whew! Can I PLEASE tell you my take regarding online dating regarding BlackPeopleMeet - Wow! I used to be on BlackPeopleMeet but I couldn't tolerate the frauds. People of course are different and that site just didn't work for me, lots of flashy pretenders and guys worshipping material things contacted me and I met 3 guys the three years I was on that site - and their representatives wore off QUICKLY. Women tend to be way more emotional then men and in doing so we wear our hearts on our sleeves and probably expect the same in return. I had the same issue you had when I thought I met someone of CHARACTER and I almost foolishly removed my profile and spoke with him when he didn't follow suit. I received all kinds of excuses; he just wanted to check his EMail, he didn't know how to delete his profile, he had made contacts for NETWORKING purposes while seeking employment elsewhere and he wanted to stay in contact with the 'acquaintances' that had job leads for him, et cetera! My advice to you is DON'T LIMIT YOURSELF TO JUST ONE GUY, he's still online for the sole purpose of using the site for its intended reasons: TO MEET WOMEN. Keep your options open just like he's doing because you're not on equal grounds with you being off the site and he's still on. Ital, go with your WOMENS intution because there's obviously something wrong with him still being ACCESSIBLE and you're not or you would've came up here and asked this question. No, it's not your place to ask him to cancel his membership because (1) He'll CANCEL (not hide because there's a difference) his membership on his own doing IF HE'S THAT INTO YOU and HIS MIND IS MADE UP THAT HE WANTS TO BE EXCLUSIVE WITH YOU and (2) Even if he tells you he CANCELLED his membership - how do you know it's actually CANCELLED and didn't temporarily HIDE his profile for a while to see you if you work out or not. When a person CANCELS or DELETES their account on that particular site AND their paid account expires, they have to open a new account under another Screen Name however, if they HIDE their profile AND their paid account expires - their account is still active with the same Screen Name and they can update their acount wirh a credit card. I didn't have any success on that site and you get what you pay for, the monthly price I believe was less than $10. a month. I was looking to bond with someone out of the bedroom and it seems like the majority of guys up there were looking for nothing more than a warm body to cuddle up with and nothing more. PROCEED WITH CAUTION. It doesn't sound like you're in a RELATIONSHIP with this guy, more of a CONNECTION and I wished you wouldn't have deleted your account because in doing so, you've taken yourself off the market anticipating a positive outcome, and I can assure you he's still pursuing his options and answering his EMails when he's logging on everyday ;( After speaking with him for 4 months via a Long Distance Relationship, I blocked him (without telling him) and asked him if he thought our RELATIONSHIP had enough potential for him to CANCEL his account by REMOVING himself completely off the site, he said yes and agreed to do so. However, every single time we had a disagreement, I'd unblock him and lo and behold - he was 'back' on the site under the same ScreenName which meant he'd temporarily HID his account or his account was paid in full so far in advance even if he DELETED his profile, he could just access his profile anytime - HE THOUGHT I WAS COMPLETELY OFF THE SITE BECAUSE I BLOCKED HIM AND HE COULDN'T TELL WHEN I WAS ON OR NOT! ALWAYS Keep Your Options Open And Know Your Worth
1/19/2008 21:28 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
ltal

To TheRealDeal4Sho,

Thank you so much for those incouraging words!! That truly helped alot. You are so right, I should have never deleted my account from BlackPeopleMeet thinking he would share the same one-on-one interest. Although I am no longer a member, I have decided to pursue an inperson meeting with a man, rather than via the website. It seems that most men on the site are not really true to what they write in their profile, and yes, I agree with you in feeling that their primary interest is meeting a woman who they could just have as a "warmer in bed". Right now, I am more interested in finishing my degree in Human Resource Management and if by chance I happen to meet a wonderful, sincere man then it will happen at the right time and place.

Your comments to my initial post were greatly welcomed and appreciated :-)
1/21/2008 11:56 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
TheRealDeal4Sho'

To Ital,

Hello there! You're more than welcome - anything I can do to spare another woman the same headaches I experienced is no problem. I'm so glad you're staying focused on your goals and tending to your needs first.

I agree with you, an absolutely wonderful sincere man will meet you when the time is right and I can assure you - you'll know he's for you because you won't find yourself questioning his INTEGRITY or CHARACTER.

I so appreciate you for saying NO to nonsense and YES to fulfilling your PURPOSE!

Best Regards Always ...
1/27/2008 10:04 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
smthomas

VickanS wrote:
I was listening to Michael Baisden today and some of his show was about online dating and how people lie about their features. I have tried it a couple of times and each time the woman lied about her appearance.

Ive learned that sistas tend to lie about their weight and usually use pictures of themselves that are outdated. Men usually lie about their height, job status and will use outdated pictures too.

To me its crazy to lie in an online dating site. Don't people realize that the person will eventually see them in person? If you want to meet in person, that is.

Have you ever been duped in online dating?

I'm not totally agree with this. But Internet dating is just like as a game of chance.

I know few people who were using online dating and have such a nice relationship till date.
4/3/2008 05:54 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
sophiarosy19

hello Vickan, I understand your problem, its not good bringing false things in true online dating, so here iam presenting you an outstanding dating site ever been which is very true and amazing, http://meet2go.com, this is an excellent dating site, here u can find live chats,excellent dating tips,straight and marvelous forum discussions,fun, and if u try there will a person already been waiting for you......iam sure about that

5/14/2008 03:11 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
steve08

sophiarosy19 wrote:
hello Vickan, I understand your problem, its not good bringing false things in true online dating, so here iam presenting you an outstanding dating site ever been which is very true and amazing, http://meet2go.com, this is an excellent dating site, here u can find live chats,excellent dating tips,straight and marvelous forum discussions,fun, and if u try there will a person already been waiting for you......iam sure about that

Hi Sophi

Is it free dating site? Well, I'm using redhotdating.tv for dating services. It's a latest online community for dating. It is totally free dating services with hundreds of thousands of online users.

6/15/2008 08:41 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
supernova011608

ajah!very well said...lying in the net is totally disgusing eventually these men are making their own trap for the near future...they're not thinking...
7/23/2008 01:36 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
NicoleX

almost identical experience

ltal wrote:
I'm new to MyBrotha and I wanted to comment on your email re: the BlackPeopleMeet.com website. I met an educated, family-oriented man who has sparked my interest. We met October of 2007. I expressed that open and honest communication is important to me, therefore, it is a must that we maintain that should we take it to another level. Here's the problem; I asked what were his intentions toward me, he anwsered that he wanted to try to develop a relationship. The problem is he is still on the site. I confronted him to ask way and his response was he was waiting for his membership to expire. Since meeting him, I cancelled mine because I felt that there was no longer a need to continue the membership since I believe in knowing one man at a time. Any thoughts? He did not try to hide the fact that he still had his membership, but he tried to explain that he just did not want to lose the remainder of his membership credit. Now with that said, I just feel that if a man is interested and trying to develop a relationship, is it my place to ask him to cancel the membership?

I experienced almost the same identical experience. I met a guy on the same site, we met and hit it off instantly. We went out three times in one week, spoke on the phone a couple times a day. No, we did not become intimate right away. I had a trial membership, 30 days. He had a six month bid. He said he didn't want to waste his money and that he just liked reading the profiles. I resubmitted my membership and he had a fit. We did not end up together, I started dating other people...he calls me every now and then to say how much he misses me, lol.
8/5/2008 19:20 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
JustBeingMe

NO, It's Not Your Place ...
to ASK him to cancel his membership for a couple of reasons:

- He doesn't belong to you EXCLUSIVELY. He'll cancel his membership COMPLETELY IF he's GENUINELY interested in you AND IF he considers you as long term potential ..... he doesn't which is why he's still online.

- He's spending HIS money to find and get what he likes. It doesn't sound like you're aware of his reasons for being online. Even if his profile states "SERIOUS", that doesn't mean he HAS to or WILL BE serious WITH YOU.

- Both of you are on different levels. You are typically smitten by him thus cancelling your membership (not a good move, because that gives him more room to be a PREDATOR to you) and he hasn't cancelled his - he's not feeling you like you're feeling him and he's entitled to his feelings. His door is still open to meet other females, you've closed your door cancelling your membership. He's not focusing on you like you're trying to focus on him. He's not going to give up the opportunity to connect with OTHER females just because you're in the picture, because you're an UNCERTAINTY - there's no guarantee you'll be in his future because he might not want you there.

- First he was waiting for his membership to expire, then he said he didn't want to lose the remainder of his membership - THAT'S GAME TALKING DEAR! His membership wouldn't matter if he was into you and pursuing you, which he's not. He logs on DAILY, not just to check his EMail (isn't that the purpose of being online) but to check his email to see what ladies have contacted him and to RESPOND to those EMails.

I can only question what makes you THINK he's an educated, family oriented man. He only said he wanted to TRY TO DEVELOP A RELATIONSHIP, YOU took a simple statement a little bit to far.

It's probably best that you write this one off and leave him to himself.

NicoleX wrote:

ltal wrote:

I experienced almost the same identical experience. I met a guy on the same site, we met and hit it off instantly. We went out three times in one week, spoke on the phone a couple times a day. No, we did not become intimate right away. I had a trial membership, 30 days. He had a six month bid. He said he didn't want to waste his money and that he just liked reading the profiles. I resubmitted my membership and he had a fit. We did not end up together, I started dating other people...he calls me every now and then to say how much he misses me, lol.
10/18/2008 15:36 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
Forum Start > Relationships > Dating > Online Dating
Pages: 2 ( [1] 2 >> ... Last page)

Quick reply
You need to login before you can post.

Mybrotha.COM Home | News | Articles | Relationships | Health | Lifestyle | Entertainment | Business | Jobs & Careers
Quizzes | SpotLight | Message Boards | Sitemap | Links | Terms and Conditions | Privacy Policy
© 2002-2008 Mybrotha.COM   All Rights Reserved