Forum Start - Register
Name Password Forgot your password?

Forum Start > Entertainment > Music, Television, Videos > How you feel 'bout ballads?
Author
Thread
justwannagitdwn

How you feel 'bout ballads?
I tend to like the faster stuff, but my friend hooked me up with the sony beautiful ballad collection for my bday, and it's pretty sweet. anyone else diggin' on this?

http://www.sonymusicstore.com/store/catalog/SearchAction.do?searchBy=Quick&keyword=beautiful+ballads&x=0&y=0
2/20/2007 15:14 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
hmurchison
Preferred Member

I'm loving those artists. Ballads are my thing. I love the Isley's

2/22/2007 15:09 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
ecjr23

Give me the O'Jays!

If I could have convinced more slaves that they were slaves, I could have freed thousands more. - Harriet Tubman
2/24/2007 22:11 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
justwannagitdwn

they're all great -- the Earth, Wind & Fire has been fillin' my speakers lately.
2/27/2007 14:20 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
J. Dub

Thanks for posting that link. I'm a young old-head who loves the old school ballads. I'll putting the O'Jays and Earth, Wind & Fire in my cart.
3/1/2007 23:54 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
tha_grouch

It all depends on who's singing them. I tend to gravitate towards female singers because they seem to compliment the accompanying music. Not only that, women tend to SANG (i.e Patti LaBelle, Chaka Kahn,etc.) while most male singers tend to whine, beg and/or strip.
4/23/2008 19:26 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
VickanS
Preferred Member

The world of music wouldnt exist without slow love ballads!
4/27/2008 15:18 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
ecjr23

the_grouch, I would have to somewhat disagree with you on men singers whinning and begging. I am just turing 40 and the male singers back in the 80's and early 90's sang their butts off. Like Gerald Levertt, this guys made plenty women hot and bothered, or how about Johnny Gill, and Kenny Latimore. Todays generation of male singers do not have the vocal ability like the likes of a Howard Hewitt or Usher. But there are many men back in the day that actually put it down vocally.

If I could have convinced more slaves that they were slaves, I could have freed thousands more. - Harriet Tubman
5/5/2008 10:18 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
TheRealDeal4Sho'

MUSIC Is Long Gone .....
I absolutely love ballads, but my era was in the 70's admiring EXPERIENCED groups and sAngers that sang about GENUINE TRUE LOVE AND THEIR APPRECIATION FOR WOMEN AND THE RELATIONSHIPS THEY WERE IN. The groups and individuals I listed below SANG about the Joys and Heartaches of BEING in LOVE and EXPERIENCING LOVE - today, people are moaning and groaning into microphones about lust and that's it, there's no personal feelings or emotions involved.

The Old Skool groups and inviduals shared and lived CAMARADERIE and LOYALTY because they endured each other's challenges and it wasn't about the money and bling back then.

Singers today whine about grinding females, calling this woman a garden tool, blatantly disrespecting the elderly with profanities and all kinds of absurd nonsense.

- The Delfonics
- The Stylistics
- Norman Connor (You Are My Starship)
- The Chi Lites
- Lenny Williams (Cause I Love You)
- ANGELLA BOFILL (She Basically SANG About How Lonely Her Life Was)
- LISA STANSFIELD (That's Right, LISTEN To The Words And The Voice Emulating From Her Soul)
- Narada Michael Walden
- David Ruffin (I Miss You - What You Gave Me - You Can Come Right Back To Me)
- The Floaters
- The Main Ingredient
- Blue Magic
- The Moments
- Martha and The Vendellas
- The Four Tops
- Earth, Wind and Fire (All About Love)
- The Temptations
- The Marvelettes
- Al Green
- Smokey Robinson and The Miracles
- Nancy Wilson
- It's A Man's World (SANG AS A DUET BY JAMES BROWN AND LUCIANO PAVAROTTI)

PEOPLE lack Character nowadays and DON'T EVEN EXIST anymore to sing these songs.
Just My Take
5/10/2008 11:02 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
VickanS
Preferred Member

OH YES SIR! The real deal laid it out. Thats real music right there. They dont make em like that any more.
5/10/2008 14:19 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
Forum Start > Entertainment > Music, Television, Videos > How you feel 'bout ballads?

Quick reply
You need to login before you can post.

Mybrotha.COM Home | News | Articles | Relationships | Health | Lifestyle | Entertainment | Business | Jobs & Careers
Quizzes | SpotLight | Message Boards | Sitemap | Links | Terms and Conditions | Privacy Policy
© 2002-2008 Mybrotha.COM   All Rights Reserved