Forum Start - Register
Name Password Forgot your password?

Forum Start > Books & Movies > What Are You Reading? > Poem from within me, a Recovering Addict
Author
Thread
recovered

Poem from within me, a Recovering Addict
This book of poems with my life story tell of my struggles with depression, drug abuse and suicide attempts. It talks about my the death of my father when I was 5 yrs old and what an impact it had on me. How I felt abandon and alone and not loved, how I blamed God for 44yrs for taking my dad away from me. How I didn't love myself and pretended to whatever the world wanted me to be, in other words I adapted to my surrounding. I didn't know how to be a father or a big brother or a man, had no male figures in my life to show me how. Just when I couldn't take it anymore, when I was at my wits end, God step in and pick me up and turn my life around. Changed a mess like me into His messenger.
Please it's not about me, but giving God the glory. Planting the seed and letting God give the Increase.

1174770639003a.jpg Downloads:1214
3/24/2007 21:10 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
No answers
Forum Start > Books & Movies > What Are You Reading? > Poem from within me, a Recovering Addict

Quick reply
You need to login before you can post.

Mybrotha.COM Home | News | Articles | Relationships | Health | Lifestyle | Entertainment | Business | Jobs & Careers
Quizzes | SpotLight | Message Boards | Sitemap | Links | Terms and Conditions | Privacy Policy
© 2002-2008 Mybrotha.COM   All Rights Reserved