Forum Start - Register
Name Password Forgot your password?

Forum Start > Culture & Lifestyle > The Ladies Room > Why are Women Judge So Hard on Our Looks and Hair
Author
Thread
Shawannaprice

Why are Women Judge So Hard on Our Looks and Hair
My pastor preached a good message on why women have to start loving themselves despite their hair, clothes, and overall appearance. My hair is shorter and is growing, because of the these Christian hair care products called Beauty 4 Ashes(www.discoverb4a.com) that he shared with our congregation as a love offering after sharing how a woman started the company to fight women's low self esteem issues. My question for everyone is why do companies, other women, and men judge women so hard on looks instead of their brains, on our bodies instead of our hearts, and on our clothes instead of our values. Below is the FWD email my pastor sent out as well.

God is continually prospering the Body of Christ just as His Word promises. Several Christians are being exalted in 2007, literally taken from the prison to the palace by spreading God’s love and Word through businesses that evangelize His name. Read about the new Christian company below. They openly state that they are a Christian company. They are evangelizing by selling their products to those in need of Jesus the most; and by magnifying God, God is making them famous. Please share this information with all your family members and church groups by email, newsletter, or announcement. Share this story with fellow Christian believers to encourage them to take their territory and possess the land that God has given them. This proves that the wealth of the wicked is stored up for the righteous and God has come not only to give us life, but also to give it to us more abundantly. Hallelujah!

A “YEAR OF THE OPEN DOOR” SUCCESS STORY

Beauty 4 Ashes Christian Health & Beauty Co.

Last year, Beauty 4 Ashes Christian Health & Beauty Co. was just an idea in the mind of a youth minister and his wife. But at the beginning of this year, the couple decided to step out on faith and started a natural health and beauty company to rid Christians of the bondage of low self-esteem. The company uses scriptures accompanied by the Word of God to teach individuals how to glorify God and not their flesh. God had placed this ministry on the couple’s heart several years prior. However, for the past few years, the couple was unable to begin the ministry because of a lack of financing and an unequivocal “yes” from God. Yet, when the 2007 year ushered in, the couple knew it was time to step out faith. They had been doing exactly what God wanted them to do. They had been paying their tithes, serving in and regularly attending church, praying together and alone, fasting, and reading their Word at least once a day. In January, God finally told the couple to “go.” Since God’s confirmation, the couple’s company, Beauty 4 Ashes, have gained recognition beyond what they imagined. The couple intended to sell their products only in the United States. But, by March, the couple’s products were in five countries: Denmark, Sweden, Dubai, United States, and Spain. They have buyers also waiting in Australia, England, Korea, and Canada.

The moral of this story is that in three months, God exalted this couple from getting by, to changing the world because they exercised faith and were obedient. They were not scared to promote the name of Jesus internationally, even in the face of hostility, lack of funds, and the threat of marginalizing their customer base by placing the word “Christian” in front of all of their product titles.

As a member of the body of Christ, I feel compelled to share this story with you because it is important that we support for profit and non profit Christian ministries that spread the name of Jesus.
May God Bless You for Sharing this Information,
7/24/2007 19:20 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
willie6

I never hear the sistas complain.
7/28/2007 09:00 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
VickanS
Preferred Member

Quote:
My question for everyone is why do companies, other women, and men judge women so hard on looks instead of their brains, on our bodies instead of our hearts, and on our clothes instead of our values.

I think because women feed into it. When India.Arie says "I am not my hair", it means something. A lot of black women may say, "Yeah.... she is telling the truth" but they go right back to spending hundreds of dollars and hours on their hair and makeup. I personally dont care about makeup or fancy hairstyles but women dont really do it for men. They do it to impress other women.

If you get right down to the heart of the matter, I think women judge and are judged this way because of their own self esteem. Men are known to have ego problems and try to be macho. Women have self estem problems and always want some kind of approval. That is what drives it.
7/28/2007 09:05 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
Forum Start > Culture & Lifestyle > The Ladies Room > Why are Women Judge So Hard on Our Looks and Hair

Quick reply
You need to login before you can post.

Mybrotha.COM Home | News | Articles | Relationships | Health | Lifestyle | Entertainment | Business | Jobs & Careers
Quizzes | SpotLight | Message Boards | Sitemap | Links | Terms and Conditions | Privacy Policy
© 2002-2008 Mybrotha.COM   All Rights Reserved