Forum Start - Register
Name Password Forgot your password?

Forum Start > The University Cafe > Anything And Everything > I'm just not feelin black women
Author
Thread
( [1] 2 >> ... Last page)
brian07

I'm just not feelin black women
This is just my opinion so please dont take it the wrong way. But I just dont get sistas now days. These sistas are just up here sleepin with no good brothas, havin babies by no good brothas, and expecting these thug brothas to take care of them, and there babies. If the brotha has never held a job before, what makes you think he can support a baby?. What do these thugs have on sistas that just make them want to open up there legs and cough up babies left and right?..is it the gold teeth, and the nappy hair?..the 20 inch rims. I mean what?. Because I see good brothas gettin turned down left and right from the average sista, for no good brothas. Sistas I feel like yall are hurting the black community having all of these babies with thugs. The children are the ones who grow up with a bitter mother, and no father around. A sista cant raise a boy to be a man. Thats a proven fact because if that was the case these young black brothas without fathers wouldnt be out in the streets all day. It takes a positive male figure to guide these brothas in the direction they need to go.Thats why your likely to find a sista going to college over a brotha because women have a women touch with each other and vice versa with males. now as far as me not feelin sistas. I just cant respect yall. I dont know why. Its just yall attitudes are so mest up. Im not going to sit here and say all sistas have bad attitudes, but most do. Yall have the "its all about me" personalities. the neck rollin, the head bobbin, the fast talkin, The one hand on ya hip the other hand in somebodys face personalities. The I want a "hood" brotha personalities. Then when you get these hood brothas and they leave you with nothing, you want the god brothas to step up to the plate. The ones you didnt give the time of the day to. and by that time the good brothas are out IR dating. then you hate on these good brothas for doing that, even though you past them up frequently for no good thugs. The loud talkin, the all eyes on me personalities, the im a queen personality, the what can I benefit off from it personalities consist in an average sista. Most sistas are getting fat and overweight. When the average sista hits 30 shes fat, with 2 or 3 kids with 2 or 3 different baby daddies. I've noticed black women never take responsibility for non of there actions. It's always somebody elses fault, or they compare themselves to other women. I'm not focused on other women, I'm focused on my fleshin sistas that have let me down. I mean these sistas are up on bet shaking there A**s all on tv, and its never the sistas fault on the subject of degradement. Its always the rappers fault. Like the rappers put a gun to there heads, tied them up, and made them appear in the video. I see more black women on the maury show everyday, trying to find there baby daddies. I go to local stores sistas are just having attitudes for no reason at all. On the phone all day talking to there baby daddies, our worrying about what there girlfriend shaniqua and her best friends baby cousin baby daddys sista is wearing tommorow. Weave hanging all the way down to there shoe strings, the frequent bubble gum smacking, the I dont care about anything but me and my baby daddy personalities. The average sista always go for the brotha who has a 1,000 females already on him, then they sit up here wondering why there man is cheating. This even go to the well educated sistas. I see these sistas are going with the dreadhead brothas with the gold teeth. It seems like these sistas are respecting the brothas with the 4 years in prison reseme then the brotha with the 4 years in college degree. Finding a good black women is like finding a needle in the pacific ocean. Like honestly, I cant respect women who dont even wear their real hair and show there natural beauty, instead of 5 dollar beauty. Like I didnt just wake up one morning and said to myself this is how it is, I've just been experiencing this for a long time.
11/11/2007 00:28 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
thedrknghtno1

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...sounds like me when i go out at times and see that as well...but i remember that many black men are following images that have been in videos, movies tv (especially court shows) and not positive at that. So if the men follow those images, women follow those as well. If you ask any of the women or men who have these things going on why they choose the things they do, they couldnt give you an answer.

The things is people can grow out of them. Time and wisdom shows that in order to survive you must change or else you will be stuck mentally and sprirtually.

In the end, nothing positive has come out of those images in the end for those who follow them.

11/12/2007 11:36 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
brian07

thedrknghtno1 wrote:
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...sounds like me when i go out at times and see that as well...but i remember that many black men are following images that have been in videos, movies tv (especially court shows) and not positive at that. So if the men follow those images, women follow those as well. If you ask any of the women or men who have these things going on why they choose the things they do, they couldnt give you an answer.

The things is people can grow out of them. Time and wisdom shows that in order to survive you must change or else you will be stuck mentally and sprirtually.

In the end, nothing positive has come out of those images in the end for those who follow them.

exactly..but I feel if every sista set standards for themselves and say a brotha must hold a job, pants must be up to their waist, speak proper english, and sex with condoms & birth controls or shots,(and many more adjustments) the dating scene would be much better between brothas & sistas.

And yes, It's sad to see the black community imitating whats on tv today. You got young brothas wanting to be rappers. Sistas wanting to be video H**s. It's Sad. Thats why I just dont hang with black people, I hang with black people more then anybody, but sometimes I just got to get away from black people especially in my area. If i hung around black people all day, I would be on the corner selling rocks.
11/12/2007 13:21 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
ecjr23

I feel that our people have fallen off the path and really need to find our way back to it very quick. Our ancestors didn't fight for our freedom, our civil rights, and give up their lives for nothing. This is how we repay them by acting exactly like what white people have been viewing us as for many years, an inferior social class of people that don't deserve what the whites have???? Wake up my brothas and sistas!!!!

If I could have convinced more slaves that they were slaves, I could have freed thousands more. - Harriet Tubman
11/16/2007 04:28 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
PetiteBB

Again just SAD. So now black women are the end-all and be-all of the black community. And how ironic and counter-intuitive that sexist diatribe is because it sounds like you're saying that black women are the redeemable racial gender which some racist white men seem to already believe. Black men are a total loss. And so if black women chang their "ways" than the black race is salvageable. Yet while you inadverntantly bash black men you'd be wise to recognize that black men are just made up good or bad. There are black men who have never been to prison and college and who probably outnumber both those demos.
12/23/2007 16:24 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
cleopatrasmile

I'm sorry you have been disappointed by some of the images of our sisters. Remember this. If you are looking for the negative in any race, it's easy to find it. There are many facets to our people and communities. You have just describe one. There are many more positive sisters than negative. We are still teachers, researchers, ministers, good mothers, astronauts, doctors, lawyers etc. Get the picture. Focus on the positive and see what YOU can do in the community to help the negative. And as for the hair thing, if you like women who wear their hair natural, there are plenty of those too. Just like you like that, there are some men asking their girl to throw on some weave. (ha ha) Have a good day!
12/29/2007 16:22 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
Cliff

I personally think that we focus on sisters as the cornerstone of the black community, because women as a whole represent our values, virtues, culture, spirituality, and maturity. What we seemed to forget is that many of the sisters today also are missing their fathers, so they have no concept of what a good man is. They really have no idea how to love a good man, how to stand by a man who stands on his own two. Plus while "good brothas" have been prioritizing their life, there have been plenty of "thugs" capitalizing in our absence. Also women need more emotional security then men, with that being said women find it hard to be individuals which sometimes means being a loner. So they tend to follow the popular trends, cliques, and lifestyles that are condusive to that social security. So as we know sadly in our community the educated, drama-free, monogamous "good brotha" is also the solitary unpopular brotha. Not a good look for a sister wanting to fit in, they follow the popular trends and don't get a clue til late in life. By then they are worn out, unattractive, with too many father-less kids. It is a unending cycle.
1/5/2008 14:00 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
donjehavon

I see a lot of women take advantage of the educational opportunities. As men I don't believe we have a good support system. It pretty fragile due to our lack of male friendships and fathers. So what do we do if we have children try as much as possible to be a positive role model. Both to girls and boys and then as the girls grow up they can have an image of what a good man is. I know a lot women especially educated women have really high standards. If you don't drive a certain type of car, or you can't pay their rent, their hair, nails, done then you are worthless.
Especially in Chicago where the not so average looking girls have attitude problem.
I know how it is to be good brother and try and treat women right. Some people grown up and all they know is somebody calling the a B*tch and h*e. That all they see is drama and my ex-wife she thrived on causing problems. She had that Ghetto mentality. So where does that leave us, obviously someone is doing good.
Try and do better widen your circle so you meet the type of woman that will accept you. I read in one book that you have to get your validation from life not women.
You have to create the life you want.
10/10/2008 16:35 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
JustBeingMe

This Is From A Black WOMAN
I'll try to touch base with the topics that were addressed.

IT DEPENDS ON THE TYPE OF ENVIRONMENT A PERSON WAS RAISED IN, WHAT THEY WERE TAUGHT, WHO THEY WERE SUBJECTED TO AS A CHILD AND THE SITUATIONS THEY DEALT WITH.

Black FEMALES (I didn't say WOMEN) are a force to reckon with and it's a shame. I work in DC and I'm surrounded by Black Females with Ghetto Fabulous mentalities and I had to realign my thinking in order to understand them. I was hired from an outside source and I work at the management level, the black females that interviewed for my position before I was hired treated me like I stole their birthdays when I came on board ..... and to this day, they don't understand that their CATTY, LOUD, BOISTEROUS, GUM CHEWING, PROFANE LANGUAGE USING, NON TEAM PLAYING demeanors are UNPROFESSIONAL beyond belief. And I've been called "The Uncle Tomette and Sellout" simply because I've done what's required of me and then some.

ALOT of black females are mad at themselves because THEIR circumstances didn't go as planned, so here they are with 2,3,4 or possibly more children by how many different GUYS (I didn't say MEN) AND ..... the majority of the GUYS they picked to father their child(ren) are deadbeat dads and/or left them high and dry.

Here's the catch, the majority of UNEDUCATED black females DON'T want to work and they see nothing wrong with staying at 'HOME' all day watching stories and cackling it up on 3 way calling with their girlfriends doing the same thing. Unfortunately, black females are the reasons for their own misery. They meet guys that compliments and gives them a smidget of attention and BAM, in her mind, she's already calling him 'MY MAN', she's picked out her wedding dress and according to her, THEY'RE IN A RELATIONSHIP, which in all reality is nothing more than an ASSociation - dude NEVER said anything about long term, no committments were made discussed but because he pays her petty bills; cable, electric or phone and they're having sex, her mind is made up that he's the one and it's a matter of time before they get married - WRONG. Dude has little to no respect for her and gets with another female, the first female finds out so now dude has been CHEATING and is now portrayed as a No Good For Nothing So and So.

GHETTO people DON'T realize how ghetto they are and they look at well versed, educated, poised, hard working, honest black people as if they just bit into a sour pickle. THEY think we think we're better than them, when in all reality - speaking for myself - I don't consider myself better than the next person ..... I JUST DO MORE.

I'm embarrassed sometimes at how unethical, rude and harse some black females are - it's truly ridiculous and the less than 5 black WOMEN I have as FRIENDS have been in my life for 25 years or more. I tried to be a FRIEND to a black female two years ago but she turned out to be a SELFISH, MONEY HUNGRY, DECEPTIVE, BACK STABBING, GOSSIPING individual that created TURMOIL every opportunity she had ..... and I'm way glad she's no longer in my atmosphere.

Alot of Black females were raised without fathers, and the households were ran primarly by females and unfortunately many black females are looking for father figures when they get involved because they don't have a reference point to start with to know how a MAN is supposed to treat them. Lots of black females weren't taught how to establish STANDARDS and REQUIREMENTS while being in a RELATIONSHIP and it's up to them to SET THE TONE at the ONSET of the RELATIONSHIP and BEFORE sex comes into play. Lots of black females weren't taught how to MAKE INVESTMENTS or HOW TO PLAY THE STOCK MARKET. Lots of black females wear weaves, artifical nails painted 6 different colors and false eyelashes because they're trying to be someone that they think is appealing to a man because many of them weren't taught about INNER BEAUTY and SELF WORTH, so there's esteem issues. Lots of black females had their first child when they were in high school or shortly after graduation which delayed or terminated any opportunities to further their education, and they continued having baby after baby so now we have 35 and 40 year YOUNG GRANDMOTHERS caring for their grandchildren because they're children are in the streets or incarcerated?

Someone else commented about educated sistah's having high standards, we should because women usually get the short end of the deal when the relationship sours. Women invest emotionally in relationships, and we're usually LOYAL when we meet a "Keeper" (rare because men tend to keep women FRIENDS in their back pockets as back ups).

I have a stable CAREER and I've prepared myself over the years to be financially sound when I retire, so I'M NOT TRYING TO GET INTO ANYONE'S POCKETS and my bills are my responsibilities. At one point in my life, I wanted to be with a FAITHFUL, HONEST, LOVING MAN THAT WAS ABLE TO CONCENTRATE ON ME ONLY - regardless of what he looked like or his income (as long as he worked a legitimate paying job) ..... I wanted a MAN to LOVE me as I would LOVE him. I met someone a few years ago and he portrayed himself to be someone he wasn't. His income was less than what I made, but that wasn't an issue because I admired him - his representative revealed itself about a year later when I found out he was a GRANDFATHER and STILL MARRIED, he told me he divorced three years earlier - HE LIVED ALONE IN HIS HOME THAT HE PURCHASED OVER 20 YEARS AGO ..... he was legally separated but he led me to believe he was divorced (his wife relocated to a different coast). I'm not a grandmother through my own legacy so before I become an automatic grandmother and faced with obligations to be a grandparent to someone else's children, I'd like to know about, I dropped him like a hot potatoe and because of this I will NEVER socialize with MEN that don't match my income and education (I also check CREDIT and FICO SCORES as well). WOMEN have standards because our KINDness and UNDERSTANDING goes unappreciated. WOMEN usually want an HONEST MAN so that SHE can decide if she wants to endure HIS challenges and DRAMA he's has going on with him, but guys typically lie (let's be real) or conceal STUFF and we don't appreciate that BECAUSE IT'S A WASTE OF OUR TIME, we could be with a CONFIDENT someone who doesn't mind sharing his faults and shortcomings.

WOMEN with standards have learned to take care of ourselves in all aspects, because it's not worth dealing with someone else's headaches when there's no guarantee that someone else is going to be in your corner the following day.
10/18/2008 15:15 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
VickanS
Preferred Member

Quote:
Alot of Black females were raised without fathers, and the households were ran primarly by females and unfortunately many black females are looking for father figures when they get involved because they don't have a reference point to start with to know how a MAN is supposed to treat them.

Very true.

Quote:
Women invest emotionally in relationships, and we're usually LOYAL when we meet a "Keeper" (rare because men tend to keep women FRIENDS in their back pockets as back ups).

If you do a search, I'll bet you'll find plenty of women who do this with their men friends as well.

Quote:
WOMEN usually want an HONEST MAN so that SHE can decide if she wants to endure HIS challenges and DRAMA he's has going on with him, but guys typically lie (let's be real) or conceal STUFF and we don't appreciate that BECAUSE IT'S A WASTE OF OUR TIME, we could be with a CONFIDENT someone who doesn't mind sharing his faults and shortcomings

For the record, women are the masters at concealment. How do you think the fashion and cosmetic industries survive? But that's all material. Women are just as capable of lying as men... and they do it often. Women who have made bad choices often lie about them. Women who have been promiscuous, childish, lazy, irresponsible... lie a lot. As you pointed out, it's a waste of a persons' time when you try to have a relationship with someone like that.
10/18/2008 17:13 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
JustBeingMe

Quote:
For the record, women are the masters at concealment. How do you think the fashion and cosmetic industries survive? But that's all material. Women are just as capable of lying as men... and they do it often. Women who have made bad choices often lie about them. Women who have been promiscuous, childish, lazy, irresponsible... lie a lot. As you pointed out, it's a waste of a persons' time when you try to have a relationship with someone like that.[/quote]

"Women are the masters at concealment", for whose record and what study did you obtain this information from I ask.

The Cadillac, Hummer, BMW, Tahoe and lets not forget the to-die-for rims and spinner industries are thriving just as much and more than the cosmetics industry and women are not the primary purchasers of these superficial, depreciating before you drive it off the lot EXPENSEIVE vehicles. Guys purchase outlandish vehicles they can't afford to make themselves look good by trying to hide their faults, meanwhile ..... they live beneath their means.

PEOPLE lie about their bad choices because of selfishness and for personal gain via Hidden Agendas.

Discerning spirits would reveal hidden agendas if people were patient and no so quick to be physical because they're smitten with each other.

A person who's life is working for them doesn't have anything to hide because they know they know they're an ASSET and not a useless liability.

I appreciate your comments and valid points.
For the record
10/18/2008 19:22 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
MyndSpirit

I'm sorry to hear you have such a negative regard for black women. Based on what you've stated, you've clearly seen/been around more troubled (if you will) black women than not.

That is very unfortunate, but, our perception is our reality.

What you see will always be what you get and IF you want to see more positive black women or try to see the good side (of your reality instead of simply focusing on the bad), change your thought processes, circle of friends, and the environments you put yourself in.

People don't only have to learn how to think out the box, they need to GET out the box.

I grew up with in an all black neighborhood and went to an all black elementary and high school in one of Canada's major cities and KNOW some of the negative realities that you speak of (regarding our women). However, as a positive and forward moving black woman who believes in setting positive examples as best I can, I don't dwell on the negative aspects that affect our race of people. That goes for the negative aspects that BOTH black women and men are responsible for.

If you want to learn to try and love black women, do so, by getting to know the ones you would admire (for whatever reason). However, if you want to simply shine the light on all the wrongs....ask yourself what "good" that will do.

It's good to express yourself and admit that you're no impressed or happy with what you see. Your feelings are real and deserve respect. However, bashing those who are down doesn't and won't lift them up and no matter how you feel about black women, they'll forever be tied to the black man and so their negative doings will always be tied to you.

MyndSpirit
10/23/2008 12:19 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
kermits's soul

Feeling Black Women

brian07 wrote:
This is just my opinion so please dont take it the wrong way. But I just dont get sistas now days. These sistas are just up here sleepin with no good brothas, havin babies by no good brothas, and expecting these thug brothas to take care of them, and there babies. If the brotha has never held a job before, what makes you think he can support a baby?. What do these thugs have on sistas that just make them want to open up there legs and cough up babies left and right?..is it the gold teeth, and the nappy hair?..the 20 inch rims. I mean what?. Because I see good brothas gettin turned down left and right from the average sista, for no good brothas. Sistas I feel like yall are hurting the black community having all of these babies with thugs. The children are the ones who grow up with a bitter mother, and no father around. A sista cant raise a boy to be a man. Thats a proven fact because if that was the case these young black brothas without fathers wouldnt be out in the streets all day. It takes a positive male figure to guide these brothas in the direction they need to go.Thats why your likely to find a sista going to college over a brotha because women have a women touch with each other and vice versa with males. now as far as me not feelin sistas. I just cant respect yall. I dont know why. Its just yall attitudes are so mest up. Im not going to sit here and say all sistas have bad attitudes, but most do. Yall have the "its all about me" personalities. the neck rollin, the head bobbin, the fast talkin, The one hand on ya hip the other hand in somebodys face personalities. The I want a "hood" brotha personalities. Then when you get these hood brothas and they leave you with nothing, you want the god brothas to step up to the plate. The ones you didnt give the time of the day to. and by that time the good brothas are out IR dating. then you hate on these good brothas for doing that, even though you past them up frequently for no good thugs. The loud talkin, the all eyes on me personalities, the im a queen personality, the what can I benefit off from it personalities consist in an average sista. Most sistas are getting fat and overweight. When the average sista hits 30 shes fat, with 2 or 3 kids with 2 or 3 different baby daddies. I've noticed black women never take responsibility for non of there actions. It's always somebody elses fault, or they compare themselves to other women. I'm not focused on other women, I'm focused on my fleshin sistas that have let me down. I mean these sistas are up on bet shaking there A**s all on tv, and its never the sistas fault on the subject of degradement. Its always the rappers fault. Like the rappers put a gun to there heads, tied them up, and made them appear in the video. I see more black women on the maury show everyday, trying to find there baby daddies. I go to local stores sistas are just having attitudes for no reason at all. On the phone all day talking to there baby daddies, our worrying about what there girlfriend shaniqua and her best friends baby cousin baby daddys sista is wearing tommorow. Weave hanging all the way down to there shoe strings, the frequent bubble gum smacking, the I dont care about anything but me and my baby daddy personalities. The average sista always go for the brotha who has a 1,000 females already on him, then they sit up here wondering why there man is cheating. This even go to the well educated sistas. I see these sistas are going with the dreadhead brothas with the gold teeth. It seems like these sistas are respecting the brothas with the 4 years in prison reseme then the brotha with the 4 years in college degree. Finding a good black women is like finding a needle in the pacific ocean. Like honestly, I cant respect women who dont even wear their real hair and show there natural beauty, instead of 5 dollar beauty. Like I didnt just wake up one morning and said to myself this is how it is, I've just been experiencing this for a long time.

Quote:
I don't know bout that...I understand where your coming from though because most black women are portrayed in this manner, but that doesn't count for all our black females. Thats an important aspect if you think about it because there are alot of different verisons of black females and alot of versions of black males, so its just whatever kind floats your boat...As for the thugs having their babies I mean what can you do, that the ladies choice. Sounds to me like you hating on the low, maybe they got game you ain't got and could get the black female, you gotta seriously look at your self and why that upsets you sooo much.. Wise One Love get at me
11/18/2008 15:40 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
NoLongerGood1

I can't agree with you either, not totally. Granted I also have seen the women you speak of. The hang up with the "good brothas" you speak of.... like yourself.... I have to ask the question, when was the last time you did date a black woman? How often do you actually say the word "like"? Are you color struck? A woman is a woman, black, white, whatever. If you truly believe that, you are delusional. That is why you can't seem to relate. You want your black woman to wake up in the morning with "fair" skin and "straight" hair. You probably wouldn't know what to do if you had to deal with "natural" hair... Are we really going into this hair thing? Get away from the brainwash... Black women destroy their hair because the "white" society you want so badly to praise does not accept them any other way. Speaking of "natural", and what is "real", How do you look past the 10 tons of make-up the average "white" woman puts on everyday? There is nothing "natural" about that. I have seen "white" women with 4-5 "baby-daddies" also. I have seen "white" women smacking gum, wearing weaves, on state assistance, rolling eyes, necks, etc. I have seen more "white" women turn into "Video groupie" types than I have black women. Just because it's white does not make it right. I have seen just as many "white" women on Maury as I have black women, with 6 fathers to test and all. Wake up, you're being fooled by "white skin" and "straight hair". Feel That.
11/24/2008 22:37 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
thedrknghtno1

NoLongerGood1 wrote:
I can't agree with you either, not totally. Granted I also have seen the women you speak of. The hang up with the "good brothas" you speak of.... like yourself.... I have to ask the question, when was the last time you did date a black woman? How often do you actually say the word "like"? Are you color struck? A woman is a woman, black, white, whatever. If you truly believe that, you are delusional. That is why you can't seem to relate. You want your black woman to wake up in the morning with "fair" skin and "straight" hair. You probably wouldn't know what to do if you had to deal with "natural" hair... Are we really going into this hair thing? Get away from the brainwash... Black women destroy their hair because the "white" society you want so badly to praise does not accept them any other way. Speaking of "natural", and what is "real", How do you look past the 10 tons of make-up the average "white" woman puts on everyday? There is nothing "natural" about that. I have seen "white" women with 4-5 "baby-daddies" also. I have seen "white" women smacking gum, wearing weaves, on state assistance, rolling eyes, necks, etc. I have seen more "white" women turn into "Video groupie" types than I have black women. Just because it's white does not make it right. I have seen just as many "white" women on Maury as I have black women, with 6 fathers to test and all. Wake up, you're being fooled by "white skin" and "straight hair". Feel That.

We don't feel it. Nothing that has been said by anyone has been derogatory towards black women or women in general. There are good black men, and lets break that down for you:

Good Black men - The men of African descent living in the US who have moral standards and face their responsibilities with integrity and success.

Since you want to bring up race, lets remember the culture of different races which shape our beliefs. Women have different cultural backgrounds just as the men. The good Blackman wants a woman, not girl or child. The woman knows the struggle of our history past and present and is able to support the man by his values and spirit, not the outside value.

I had to end long friendships with two women recently since they are always trying to get one up on the man like its a game....and trying to get the last word in. Now that's something I would be a six year old do, not 36....but their values were more in the things they own, not the people in their lives....Sad.

I have dated black women, but they weren't women. just girls. A woman is a person who accepts better in life and has integrity and morals for self...Not a person who has to use juvenile words, tricks or attitude to assume superiority....just as you tried to do.

12/6/2008 16:20 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
Markydcole

I agree with what you're trying to say but you have to be respectful when you say it. People will not listen if you are being disrespectful. My mother happened to be a single mom and while I use to wonder why she never pick the "educated" brotha;, one that could be a provider and teach her kids discipline as well as other lessons in life, I still think its a bit foul to throw kids into the mix as if there exists no bond between mother and children. "Coughing up kids?" It's pretty foul brotha. No matter how many she has and how many different men they're by, they are hers and she deserves no less a chance than a woman without kids. So, that's it. I agree though. I believe that women need to be more responsible; set they're standards high and choose men with high standards. You're choice of a mate has a major influence on who your kids become and who they will inevitably choose. During the course of the discussion of black men taking responsibility, its key that black women get in on the conversation and get schooled as well because we are a community and we all have to pull our own weight if we are to thrive.
12/20/2008 10:44 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
Forum Start > The University Cafe > Anything And Everything > I'm just not feelin black women
Pages: 2 ( [1] 2 >> ... Last page)

Quick reply
You need to login before you can post.

Mybrotha.COM Home | News | Articles | Relationships | Health | Lifestyle | Entertainment | Business | Jobs & Careers
Quizzes | SpotLight | Message Boards | Sitemap | Links | Terms and Conditions | Privacy Policy
© 2002-2008 Mybrotha.COM   All Rights Reserved