Forum Start - Register
Name Password Forgot your password?

Forum Start > Relationships > Couples And Marriage > Covenant Agreement
Author
Thread
Jack

Covenant Agreement
So many of us believe we should fall in love with someone before entering into a romantic relationship with them. A covenant agreement is when two people come together for the common good to be helpfull to one another. At this point, when both parties begin to feel safe together, they then will not fall in love but will step in. What are your thoughts on this type of relationship?
11/21/2007 11:08 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
eightballer45

Sounds kind of unrealistic but I feel where you're coming from. I think when people come together it is because of something they're looking for. It turns into love when it stops being about self but about the growth and caring of eachother.

I just think it's rare for someone to want to be with another for the "common good". We all seek out partners based on our own needs whether it be companionship, spiritual connection, or just sex.
12/18/2007 15:31 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
TheRealDeal4Sho'

A Covenant Agreeement 'sounds' good, but individuals these days are focused on themselves.

Unfortunately, we live in a 'What Can You Do For Me Society" and RELATIONSHIPS today aren't what they used to be 50 or 60 years ago.

Sad.
1/19/2008 21:36 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
ltal

I think the last comment made by "TheRealDeal4Sho" hit the nail right on the head. I totally agree with you, relationships are NOT what they used to be 50-60 years ago. Back then, men who were interested in a woman courted her, showed her he was truly interested and made his intentions known. His intentions were so crystal clear that there was no room for any assumptions by the woman he courted.

I have been divorced now for almost 3 years. I have dated at least a handful of men (counting on one hand of course) It seems the moment you are asked "what type of relationship are you looking for" by another person I hear the drum roll in my head. The reason is because I fear that once I tell them then the next thing you know the men cannot handle my answer. Companionship is long sought by me and I am beginning to wonder if chilvary and courtship will ever return.
1/21/2008 18:04 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
Forum Start > Relationships > Couples And Marriage > Covenant Agreement

Quick reply
You need to login before you can post.

Mybrotha.COM Home | News | Articles | Relationships | Health | Lifestyle | Entertainment | Business | Jobs & Careers
Quizzes | SpotLight | Message Boards | Sitemap | Links | Terms and Conditions | Privacy Policy
© 2002-2008 Mybrotha.COM   All Rights Reserved