Forum Start - Register
Name Password Forgot your password?

Forum Start > Relationships > Couples And Marriage > 8 years n still no ring
Author
Thread
Why

8 years n still no ring
Hello,
I am a 37 year old female and I am in a relationship with a man who doesn't want to marry me. The reason I say he doesn't want to is becaus everytime I ask it's always the same excuse: We don't have any money! I have been here for this man for 8 years and I am not perfect but through out this whole ordeal I have worked on myself to better me as a person. Not just for him but for me!!! I know I am a good woman and I have been to him. I have never stepped outside of the relationship and I have yet to receive a ring, necklace or earrings from this man. No sexy items that we as women like! Nothing, but I have picked up things for him when I am out shopping. From what I am realizing he's just a taker and not so much of a giver. He likes to receive more then he gives. And I am just sick of the relationship we don't have intercourse and when he does try to touch me it feels strange. I am not in love with him and I have told him this and he just as of now. Acts like this will just go away but this time I am the one who doesn't want to be in this relationship. I am 37 no kids and I think that God has more then just a "boyfriend" for me at this time and if I don't walk away now I am going to continue to miss out on what maybe waiting for me. I am really upset with myself for letting this go on for 8 long years but at this persent time all I can do is just pickup the pieces and start over. When I think of starting over I really get mad because it's just so much out here and I am not into the clubs etc... But like my mom use to say "It's better sometimes to be by yourself then to be with someone and not happy" and as hard as times are meaning with bills I will just have to cut back because that's one really main reason I am having. How will I pay all the bills? But I will put my faith and god and let him
lead the way. Can anyone give me some advice as to what to do and if I am wrong?
1/19/2009 05:31 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:

QuickView: 8 years n still no ring - Why 1/19/2009 05:31
 Ok...ill try this one.... First....8 years is too long to b... - thedrknghtno1 1/23/2009 07:44
 There is no relationship. It's time to hightail it in the o... - JustBeingMe 7/13/2009 00:21

Forum Start > Relationships > Couples And Marriage > 8 years n still no ring

Quick reply
You need to login before you can post.

Mybrotha.COM Home | News | Articles | Relationships | Health | Lifestyle | Entertainment | Business | Jobs & Careers
Quizzes | SpotLight | Message Boards | Sitemap | Links | Terms and Conditions | Privacy Policy
© 2002-2008 Mybrotha.COM   All Rights Reserved